Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Public IP address for mobile broadband

Navigator
Hi,
I need a public IP adress to excess my webcam from outside, can you check it for my account?

Thanks
Posted From Apple iPhone

Chosen Solution

Re: Public IP address for mobile broadband

Maestro

Just heard back from our tech team on this 👍 The public APN has applied but you are still connected to a private one. Can you reset the modem to factory defaults please and let me know how you get on? 😊

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Community Manager

@Marlairland Not all accounts are suitable for a public IP address but I'll check yours and come back to you. PM me your full name, number and address when you get a chance. Just click on the link on my signature - Send me a PM -

I see you've just joined the Community Smiley Happy Welcome! Here's a guide to help you get started - Getting Started Guide

Maestro

Thanks a mill for that @Marlairland That should be activated for you now! Can you turn off your modem, leave it for about ten minutes then turn it back on and it should be completed 👍 Come back to me here and let me know if this works for you 😊

Navigator

It sounds good, but I tried it two times and I have still a private IP in my Router (begins with 10.212.xxx.xx). Can you check it again for me please?

Thanks a lot!

Maestro

Could you log into your homepage at 192.168.1.1 and change your APN settings? Can you then change this to 3internet? This is set up at our end so once you make sure you're connected to that you should be good to go 👍

Highlighted

Navigator

Ok, I change the APN from 3ireland.ie to 3internet. I have a connection but the IP is still 10.214.xxx.xxx :-( 

What could it be?

Thanks for your help!!!

Maestro

Hmmmm I'll need to take a closer look at this. I'm going to get in touch with our tech team. Will you leave it with me and I'll get back to you with an update? 

Navigator

It would be nice if you can check it with the tech team. 

I hope you will have good news for me. :-)

Maestro

Just heard back from our tech team on this 👍 The public APN has applied but you are still connected to a private one. Can you reset the modem to factory defaults please and let me know how you get on? 😊

Navigator

It works now :-) Thanks very much!!!!

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>