Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Pooor Broadband speed 4g

[ Edited ]
Explorer

10Mb Is a good speed correct iv given the best results problem i find with 3g is the jitter which causes things not to run as smoothly as 4g, but from my previous speeds i was getting i would like to try getting back to that if possible

Maestro
@efletcher hopefully you will but if it's due to traffic then that's not something thatll happen overnight I think Mike is right, only thing that combats traffic is more lanes.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Samsung SM-N960F
Highlighted

Scout
We are paying for a service that 3 are not giving us properly. How can they charge me when I can't use the service. I was onto the chat earlier and they were no help at all.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Maestro
@James100 you'll have to be a bit more specific. What are you paying for and not getting?

Scout
Paying for Internet but not getting even a moderate connection. Watching videos on YouTube buffering ever 30 seconds. Between 1 and 5 mbps.

Maestro
Have you tired changing settings? Is it your data or are you on broadband?

Scout
Hi, I am also having this issue. Since Christmas our 4g speeds have been terrible (between 0.5 and 3mbps). Around November/December timeframe I was consistently getting speeds of 20 Mbps+. All three devices in our house experience the same slow speeds. Neighbours are reporting same issues. Can someone have a look at the mast in Glenamaddy, Co. Galway?

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

@James100 11 Hi James, Where are you experiencing this? Have you tried changing the settings Mairead posted on this thread earlier? @doug_raf Hi there 👋 I've taken a look at the area and everything seems to be up and running. Have you tried manually selecting 3G just to check if that improves things, if it does then your speeds may be impacted by more customers using the 4G service during those times? In regards to the 3 devices, are they all phones or do you have broadband with us?

Navigator

Same crap again today. I was getting 8.5mbs download at 11am this morning. 

Slowly got worse as the day goes on. 

At 6.30pm speed dropped again to the point that standard YouTube videos buffering to the point of unwatchable.

Right now, getting 0.10mbs download. So f'in bad I've dropped off the Internet and using mobile data to post this. 

I had a 'call' from Three to tell me that everything is just wonderful and there are no issues with the service. A text also sent to say issues are resolved and service back to normal. It's not, its **bleep**. 

Constantly changing settings is a totally unacceptable answer too.

Over the past year the service has got gradually worse yet Three are burying their heads in the sand. 0.10mbs download and they want me to pay for it. 

I'm sick of it. Programs crashing because Catch Up doesn't have bandwidth to Download. Standard web pages not loading, YouTube vids not loading.

We have not had one consistent, good day in a year or more. 

Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

3 Moderator

@sboyce75 Hi Steve, I've gotten back to your other post if you want to take a look. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>