Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

New 750 GB Limit

Explorer

Hi

Yesterday I upgraded from 250 GB to 750GB.

It always upgrades on 11th of the month so the next time the new allowance kicks in is 11th March.

On my account however it says I have 142 GB remaining.

When does the next allowance kick in? I was told in the shop it would be starting today and on a pro-rata basis, which means I should have 300 - 400 GB on this months allowance. At the moment this is not the case.

Re: New 750 GB Limit

Maestro

Hi there, can you PM me your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this out 👍

Navigator

I signed up for the new 750 gb. package. In fairness it is an excellent service and we are delighted with it receiving circa 30-40 mbs. I have logged into the router and checked usage and also checked usage on my three and they are not comparable so I’m a bit confused. When we were were with eir on the landline, whilst it was a mean 8mbs we only used no more than 100 gbs. So far it would seem the gbs are flying up and I am suspecting perhaps incorrectly that threes gigabytes are smaller. Anyone having the same problem. Our sin I know is streaming internet radio @ 128kbs.  

Posted From Apple iPad

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

Hi Kitty, the speeds you're getting are really good and this can lead to using more than what you'd usually use in the same timeframe with a slower speed. This could be why you're noticing it more but it doesnt have anything to do with different sized GB as that's the very same. We recommend using My3 to monitor your usage.  I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new package 

Legend

If you use a lot of steaming services like netflix, it has algorithms so it knows that you have a faster speed now, so it will increase the amount you download to give you a better quality service.

i.e on eir you would have had a 480p program that would download say 1GB

now on Three its gone up to 1080p and its 4GB or something...

You should be able to change the settings on the app themselves so it reduces the amount you download

If you use a pc, you should change the wifi you connect to ,to a metered one

Navigator

I really appreciate the advice and assistance. I am not worried about exceeding my allowance and do not subscribe to Netflix (although have considered it in the last few days now that we have decent speeds). All I can say is we are really happy with three so much so that we have ditched the landline, and changed our two mobiles over from Virgin to three. My son has now followed our route.  In Kilkenny we dealt with staff member who was really helpful and assisted in every way possible. 

Posted From Apple iPad

3 Community Manager

I'm really happy to hear that Kitty 😁 If you need help with anything else, let me know . 

Legend
Good time to get netflix with all the snow

Posted From Sony G8441

3 Community Manager
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>