Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Near full strength 4g signal but no access to internet

Lookout

I'm currently staying in Edinburgh, and noticed that wherever I go, I can't seem to access the internet at all. However, most of the time my phone shows me that I have the strongest signal possible. Additionally, I'm currently using a top-up sim card, but keep receiving text messages saying, You have spent "Pounds" on internet since "Date" even though I just topped up. I am aware of how credits expire within 30 days no matter how much more you add to it, so I made sure to leave it for over a month before topping up, yet the issue persists.

Sean

Re: Near full strength 4g signal but no access to internet

Maestro

@SeanC  I'm a bit lost reading your post. The plan lasts for 28 days and if you're getting a text about using credit for data then it means your plan ran out and the no access is because you've no credit left. the top up plan gives you 6GB data in EU so as long as your plan is still running you'll have that unless you used all of it and then you're credit was used. Have I picked you up wrong?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
Hi, thanks for the reply!
Yes I am aware of how it sends me text messages when my credit runs out,
and yes it had run out before. My problem here is that despite just topping
up, it still sent me text messages about spending how much on internet. I
checked my phone and it said I’ve only used 1 GB
Additionally, I’ve been buying the 20£ 12Gigs top-ups, was the plan always
6Gigs? Or did the seller got it wrong?

Thank you again for your reply!
Sean

Maestro
Not a problem. Are you a Three customer in Ireland or somewhere else. Never heard of your plan but I do know that sometimes the texts sent after top up are for the data used when plan was not running. Seems to be a delay that the top up kinda pushes through. That's my understanding.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout
I am currently in Edinburgh. The problem still persists, this is the text messages I’ve been getting:

Jan 11: From Three: Thanks for topping up. Your credit has been applied to your account.

Jan 13: You have spent £ 5.21 on Internet since 28/12/2018

Jan 15: You have spent £ 10.14 on Internet since 28/12/2018

Jan 19:You have spent £ 20.02 on Internet since 28/12/2018

From Three: Thanks for topping up. Your credit has been applied to your account.

Jan 24: You have spent £ 25.01 on Internet since 28/12/2018

Jan 27: You have spent £ 30.18 on Internet since 28/12/2018

Jan 30: You have spent £ 5.12 on Internet since 28/01/2019

P.S. My last top-up was Nov 25th, and I’ve been using another company’s broadband since I returned to my country during winter vacation from 12/16-1/11
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Community Manager

@SeanC I think what @Mac_n_cheese meant is can you confirm that you are a 3IRL customer and not a 3UK customer? Can you confirm that as this is the 3IRL Community so if you're looking for a company rep to check your account and see what's happening then we can't help here because we don't have access to 3UK systems and accounts? I don't think 3UK have a community/forum and sometimes 3UK customers post here looking for help. Thanks'

Lookout
Ah yes! Sorry for the confusion, I am a 3UK customer. Where do you recommend I go to for help then? Thank you!

Sean
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Moderator
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>