Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

My3 and broadband

Lookout

I want to check my broadband bills. How do I log-in/ register with My3 when I can't receive text messages to a broadband number?

Chosen Solution

Re: My3 and broadband

Scout

Hi Seamus, saw this query and thought I might be able to help if you've not already got it. Or others if they have the same query.

Your router sim can receive SMS. If you log in to the admin page (192.168.8.1) from a web page when connected to your router (wifi or wired) you can see all messages from the SMS tab of the admin pages.

Initial login to the admin page has a username of admin and password of admin - from working in IT I definitely recommend you change that when you log in - https://passwordsgenerator.net/ is a good website to create strong passwords.

But this should mean if you click the forgot password link on the portal then you can see the reset link / password they've reset it to there. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

@Seamus357 I'll be more than happy to help you out here. Have you tried logging into your My3 account previously? The username would be your broadband number. If you're unsure of the password, you can request to reset the password on the log in page under where you enter the password '' forgot password ''. The link to reset your password will be sent to your email address. 

Lookout
Hi Shauna,
I tried setting up a My3 account, but the system keeps telling me I am already registered. Then when I ask the system to resend me password. It said it will text it to me. That might work for a mobile phone, but my broadband WiFi router can't received the text message. Can you reset my password and send it to my email?
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

@Seamus357 I'll certainly look into this right away for you. I'll need to change the reset password option to your email first. Can you send me a PM with your full name, broadband number, address, date of birth and email address, please? 

Scout

Hi Seamus, saw this query and thought I might be able to help if you've not already got it. Or others if they have the same query.

Your router sim can receive SMS. If you log in to the admin page (192.168.8.1) from a web page when connected to your router (wifi or wired) you can see all messages from the SMS tab of the admin pages.

Initial login to the admin page has a username of admin and password of admin - from working in IT I definitely recommend you change that when you log in - https://passwordsgenerator.net/ is a good website to create strong passwords.

But this should mean if you click the forgot password link on the portal then you can see the reset link / password they've reset it to there. 

@Duffy that's helpful yeah I think people forget that it's a sim so the text is sent to it and can be accessed by logging into the router. I have the hi link app downloaded on my phone so it's even quicker to access.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>