Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Mobile internet issues.

@Athoscan Sounds like there's something going on in the area. If you select 3G only does it make a difference because it might just be a 4G issue and at least that way you' might have a better connection?

3 Moderator

Thanks, @Mac_n_cheese   I've taken a look at the area and as I can see 4G services are being impacted due to a mast nearby I'm updating @Athoscan here. You are correct, it is 4G only so 3G workaround might improve the service while this is being investigated but there might be more using that in the area now as well so it might not work. @Athoscan  Give @Mac_n_cheese suggestion a go later if you can. I'll come back to you as soon as everything is back up and running. I don't have an ETA but I'll let you know the minute I know. Thanks'

Pathfinder

There is a problem since Three is doing something with their infrastructure. No matter what part of the country. Since April internet speeds in LTE or 3G are brutally slow on the evenings. Is it a throttling, so heavy usage or just some works are being carried out???

I used to have over 100Mbps on my phone on the mornings - now approx 10-15. 
Evenings used to be about 20Mbps. It was slow, but now it's approx 1-2Mbps. 

What next?! Dial-up 56kbps speeds and lovely sound of the past?

Instead of giving advices to reset device or move it "closer to the window" please let us know what's going on, please!

3 Community Manager

@Athoscan As we're coming into the weekend, I wanted to touch base with you. Have you seen any improvement from your side since you last posted? 

Lookout

It is indeed a little bit better, but still not enough. Specially last night, the internet connection was very bad. In general, for the last couple weeks, the connection is most of the time low and very variable. The internet connection can be almost good for couple of minutes and gets very low afterwards. 

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Thanks for your update, I'll include this as I'm linking in with our tech team. I'll come back to you with any info. 

3 Community Manager

@Athoscan, Hi there, our network team continued to monitor the strength of the signal in your area for the last few days. We've found that there are some inconsistencies, and we've booked an engineer to visit the site to investigate the root cause. I'll keep you posted here. 

3 Moderator

@Athoscan Hi there, I'm linking in with you to let you know our team are still investigating this and I'm keeping a close eye on this for you, I haven't forgotten you. 

3 Community Manager

@Athoscan Hi there, we've found the root cause of the decreased signal you're experiencing. It's due to external factors. Our network crew is currently looking into a fix for this.  

Lookout

Thank you for the update, hopefully the problem will be solve in the next couple days.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>