Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mobile data drops out

Scout
I have noticed recently that when I have been using my Internet to download something, but especially when I am online gaming, my mobile data just stops working.
It's still on, but the arrows just go dark. The only way I can get reconnected again is to turn on and off airplane mode. It works for a while and then have to repeat the process.
Any thoughts or solutions?

Re: Mobile data drops out

Maestro

well if you're using a phone as a hotspot then its worth saying that the SIM is not meant to be used in that way and the phone isn't a modem so it may work/not work the way a modem does all the time. @Db1312 If I were you I'd buy a modem

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Scout
I can expect that could be the problem, but I have tried it connected to a different network the same way, and had no problems what so ever.

[ Edited ]
Maestro

@Db1312 If there's something I do know it's that using a hotspot is up to the person but support won't be able to help sort that out for you because your data works and you've prob used a lot of data each month so it's not a technical problem. Could be a bandwidth issue and you could be affecting others around you by using that sim like a broadband sim. 

Lookout

Same issue here, with the phone and with another 3 SIM inside the laptop.

Both connections were stable and working fine, using internet, mail, zero problems 2 o3 weeks ago.

In the last weeks connections are incredibly unstable, out of the blue.

No connection to internet, even if it is seems to be connected.

Someone needs to look at this as I need to restart the connection multiple times to get internet access, which is only working for a while and suddenly it stops working.

This is not related with the device or the balance in the phone numbers.

This is major problem for business tools here and work on the road.

Area  where the issue was detected: fairview and eastpoint business park.

Please solve this, it is not possible to work.

Highlighted

Maestro
Just give the address, maybe there's an issue with the service. If not then send a pm to get help to one of the mods. Include your full setup i.e. how you connect, equipment and anything else relevant. Oh and your number

are you using the wifi and hotspot simuntaneouly ?

[ Edited ]

this could be because of the same

*post edited 

Lookout

Hotspot?

Setup didnt change.

Out of bussines hours it works as expected, it seems a capacity on the network on the 3 side.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>