Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Mobile Broadband - what’s going on?

Explorer
Hi,

I’ve been a customer for a few months now and have enjoyed reasonable mobile broadband from three so far.
I have one broadband account and 3 mobile phone accounts in this household here in rooskey, midlands Ireland.

At about midday yesterday my B.B. speeds went off a cliff. From 31mbps down to around 0.26mbps down.

I have to monitor my bandwidth as I work from home and need certain speeds. So I can pinpoint the moment.

I see the same issues on all accounts across numerous devices. So it’s not sim or device related. I have a Vodafone account in the same household which is not impacted at all.

The store knew nothing of any problems. But 1913 informed me some routine maintenance was occurring on my local mast, but I shouldn’t notice. As if.

It’s now 36 hours later, service is still appalling, I can’t work and everyone at three is telling me the maintenance works are over and it’s fine.

The router is locked to 3G even though 4G has been fine for the past few months.
To compound matters if I drive 20 mins up the road I can get 50mbps.

From this forum it’s clear I am not alone. Something is broken on your network, and I’d like to ask you to come clean about it. What is the problem? When will it be fixed and what do we do in the meantime?

In absence of this info I’d like to understand at what point you consider this current service a breach of contract so I can procure the service elsewhere?

Cheers
Highlighted

Re: Mobile Broadband - what’s going on?

3 Community Manager

Hi Carl, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a reduction in speed. Have you tried to log into the router to manually select 4G option instead of the 3G option and what router are you using? Speeds can vary at times and the more customers using 3G or 4G in your area can impact the speeds you are getting on both. Let me know if you need any help logging into your router to test manual selection. Thanks'

Highlighted

Explorer
Hi, manually selecting 4G leaves me at an avg 0.26mbps down as mentioned above. I see this on 2 different sims in 2 different devices.

If you are suggesting that my 4G has overnight contended from 31Mbps to 0.26mbps, you are in breach of your own t’s and c’s around contention ratio, no?

There is a problem at the mast.
We were fine, then works started as our rates dropped off a cliff. Works have now finished but the rates have not recovered. I have the data showing rates going back weeks.

This is not a router or sim issue.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Thanks Carl, I'm not suggesting that at all. Have you tried the manual selection just now or was it last night? The reason I mentioned the manual selection was I though you were locked onto 3G and couldn't select 4G so I wanted to be sure that wasn't the case. I was also under the impression that this happened yesterday only but if this is something you've been noticing for a few weeks then the best thing we can do is take a closer look at your service and connections. With your permission, can you send me your number, name address and date of birth in a PM please?

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Rachel,

We adjust the selections every couple of hours and take readings.

Generally at the moment 3G is somewhere around 4Mbps. 4G is about 0.10mbps.

On both Broadband Router and Mobile phone, 2 different Sims.

Will send the information requested by PM.

Cheers

Highlighted

Explorer

To update, I cant send PM's. Have tried the PM button 3 times each time with the same result below.

Oops, the page you are looking for cannot be found. Please login or register to see if you can view this page.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@CarlH I'll check out that error now and I'll reply to your PM ASAP.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

When you get a chance can you try the link again in my signature? Thanks'

Highlighted

Explorer

The signature link no longer crashes, but it doesnt populate your user name/subject or anything, just takes me to a blank PM template.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Thanks Carl, I've fixed it now. Thanks for highlighting and I'll come back to your PM Smiley Happy

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.