Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Huawei E5573: Can't change SSID or Passkey.

Lookout

Want to change the defaults on the modem. When In login to the admin, it comes up with the Quick Setup page only. I follow the procedure of changing the SSID and then on the next page changing the password. However it says the password is incorrect. I have reset several times.

I want to be able to change the name and password as well as get into the admin functions.

What am I doing wrong here?

Chosen Solution

Re: Huawei E5573: Can't change SSID or Passkey.

Lookout
Worked it out. Was asking for the admin password on the second page, not the SSID password. Not obvious at all.

View solution in original post

Posted From Apple iPhone

All Replies To This Topic

Legend

I think your password isnt strong enough, change it something with MixedCase with numbers and maybe a symbol.

Legend

Also it maybe asking for the current wifi password first, before asking you to enter the new wifi password 

Highlighted

Maestro

@Turbodog randomly put this into google for your modem and steps are here: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Huawei-E5573-change-name-and-password/td-p/1646...

Have you done that already? It's probably best to do it from a PC or laptop if you're trying it on a phone or tablet or something.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
I have a very strong password, and I have entered the current password first. It doesn’t accept this as correct. Even though I know it is.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Lookout
I don’t get any options except to change the SSID and password. There is literally only one tab. And the password reset isn’t working.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Maestro

@Turbodog can you try resetting the modem, holding down the button for 30 secs? You should see all options if your connected to the modem using a laptop and putting in 192.168.1.1 

Lookout
Worked it out. Was asking for the admin password on the second page, not the SSID password. Not obvious at all.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Maestro
Haha oh ok well at least you're past that point!
Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>