on 15-03-2019 09:44 AM - last edited on 16-05-2019 01:59 PM by Three_Rachel
Hi @Grego, if you follow the below steps, you'll be able to change this setting.
1. Open a browser ( chrome ) and in the URL address box type in - 192.168.8.1
2. Log-in details are - Username: admin and the same for the password ( unless you ever changed them in the past )
3. When you're logged in click settings on the top of the screen
4. Go to 'WLAN Basic settings' and you'll find the 2.4ghz and 5ghz options in here
5. If you're connected to 5 ghz can you choose 2.4 or if connected to 2.4 choose 5. When you've this selected can you see if you notice an improvement?
50mbps is a very good speed to be getting on the router 😊 Mobile data speeds and wifi speeds can differ. For example, your router speed can be affected by external factors (walls/distance from the router etc) whereas this won't affect mobile data as much as its only the one device you're using. Hope this helps!
on 24-05-2019 03:36 PM
Can other Huawei router provide better performance than Huawei B525?
I want to change my Huawei B683 router to the latest Huawei 4G router, but don't know which one is best.. please help.
on 24-05-2019 08:27 PM
At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year
All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter
Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon