Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Huawei B525 WiFi so slow, not what i was expecting at al

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hi @Grego, if you follow the below steps, you'll be able to change this setting. 

1. Open a browser ( chrome ) and in the URL address box type in - 192.168.8.1

2. Log-in details are - Username: admin and the same for the password ( unless you ever changed them in the past )

3. When you're logged in click settings on the top of the screen

4. Go to 'WLAN Basic settings' and you'll find the 2.4ghz and 5ghz options in here

5. If you're connected to 5 ghz can you choose 2.4 or if connected to 2.4 choose 5. When you've this selected can you see if you notice an improvement?

50mbps is a very good speed to be getting on the router 😊 Mobile data speeds and wifi speeds can differ. For example, your router speed can be affected by external factors (walls/distance from the router etc) whereas this won't affect mobile data as much as its only the one device you're using. Hope this helps! 

Navigator

Can other Huawei router provide better performance than Huawei B525

I want to change my Huawei B683 router to the latest Huawei 4G router, but don't know which one is best.. please help. 

God bless all the people!
Highlighted

Legend
I think that's the latest one recommended by three, it's good as you can attach an external antenna to it

Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>