Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

How Do I upgrade my internet speeds?

[ Edited ]
Scout

any1 here know how I can upgrade my internet? I called my internet service provider multiple times this year asking if I can get better speeds in my area... I have 25 down and 5 up now for like 3 years, so I cant rly stream on twitch or I dont get the speeds I want., In april I called them and they said I will get better speeds "very soon" and its been like 6 months, I also get higher ping when other people use the internet and stuff so its kinda important for me, they said I cant get higher speeds unless the line to my house gets upgraded, I live in the west of Ireland and a lot of people around me have faster speeds than me like 150 down and 30 up , which would be perfect for me. can anyone help me?

Highlighted

Re: How Do I upgrade my internet speeds?

sorry @BushBond  You're complaining about 25 mbps down? Yeah I think you should just be happy with that for mobile broadband. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Re: How Do I upgrade my internet speeds?

Legend

Those people getting 150Mbs download arent getting that from a mobile provider like three , they are getting it from a Broadband specific provider.

What you could do is move your router to a different location ( probably higher)  perhaps use and external aerial and then use something like a mesh network  (something like https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-m4/ ) to make sure you have a good wifi signal all over your house

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon