Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Full internet signal but intermittent internet connectio

Maestro

@Merox Did the same for me! It may change back if you reset the router or turn it off so it's always something to check if you notice a dip and @erik_c  has some great advice as well that  I use myself! 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Explorer

Back to where we were (before) tonight - Alexa and Netflix loosing their connection - tried a speed test - but not connected to the internet...even though we had the full five bars on the Router.

Do I persevere or what?

Explorer

Sunday - Had to restart the Router 4 times this evening - even though it showed full signal at 5 bars

[ Edited ]
Explorer

Did you yet try either of the checks detailed in my reply of 16 September? Just because the 2nd one seems counter-intuitive, it should not be dismissed out-of-hand. If you are receiving a very strong signal, it is possible that the 525 receiver is at overload. It is the one disappointment that I have of the modem, that it is susceptible in this respect. Cheap Chinese engineering, if I dare say so. Of course, your problem may continue even after trying the two suggestions. But, if so, I think you should then put your foot down with Three.

Erik.

Explorer

Thank you eric_c

I have just changed manually from 4G to 3G and will let you know how I get on! 

Explorer

OK and if manually at 3G is without the disconnects, then next try manually at 4G thus staying off 'automatic'.

Explorer

Tried 3G last night without interruption - do I stay on it or try 4G again manually?

Explorer

I think you must try 4G manually now. After all, this gives the highest speed and is what you are paying for. At the very least, if it fails, you will have incontrovertible data to argue your case with.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>