Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Does the bill-pay 3Unlimited Broadband use phone 4G?

Scout

So i'm considering getting the bill-pay 3Unlimited Broadband in my home as my current internet with a different provider is very poor with unusable speeds and constantly turning off for minutes or even hours at a time. It seems this 3 broadband uses 4G internet data, and i'm curious if its the same connection that my phone gets when it uses internet data.

My home is a bit outside of town and is slightly outside the coverage map indicator for 4G, but when i use 4G mobile data on my pre-pay phone (if i top up €20 i get data for the month) it works fine with a 4G connection at home, and almost always has significantly faster speeds than my home wifi.

I don't want to commit to an 18 month contract if the internet is very slow or barely works at all, but if it will work identical to how the mobile data on my phone works in terms of speed and stability than it would likely be my best option (Sky and Eir fibre/broadband aren't available where i live)

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Does the bill-pay 3Unlimited Broadband use phone 4G?

Hi @CM95 👋 I'm delighted to hear that you're thinking of getting broadband with us. You can check the coverage in your area here Speeds can vary depending on extrernal factors such as building structure, how built up your area is etc but it should be similar to what you're currently getting on your phone. If you have any other questions on this, just let me know 😊 Aoife

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Re: Does the bill-pay 3Unlimited Broadband use phone 4G?

Hi @CM95 👋 I'm delighted to hear that you're thinking of getting broadband with us. You can check the coverage in your area here Speeds can vary depending on extrernal factors such as building structure, how built up your area is etc but it should be similar to what you're currently getting on your phone. If you have any other questions on this, just let me know 😊 Aoife

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>