Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Company VPN Not working with 4g

Hi all,

Recently having an issue with my mobile broadband and work VPN. Recently my workplace decided to switch to a new VPN solution named Global Protect. They originally used Cisco VPN client and I could connect with no issue to this. Since I have been on Global Protect, It will show as connected but no sites open almost like it is not connected. 

I have tried some troubleshooting where I have tethered my phone to the vpn and it works with no issue. I then saw a page where someone suggested switching your router to 3g. I did this and all of a sudden Global Protect started to work but at much slower speeds.

So I am connected to the VPN but at a snails space. I know Global Protect can connect to 4g as when i tethered my phone to it, it was at a 4g connection so Im thinking maybe a router setting? Any solutions?

Re: Company VPN Not working with 4g

I've heard that on some occasions it will only work with 3G from the router but have you changed the router APN? What is it set to now?

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Could you let me know how to find the APN details? I'm in the settings menu for the router.

@Mac_n_cheese wrote:

I've heard that on some occasions it will only work with 3G from the router but have you changed the router APN? What is it set to now?

I have managed to find it on the Huawei Hi Link App, it says APN is 3 Ireland and APN is 3internet

OKay, that's a little weird. I believe you need to just use the one APN like for this guy in this thread: https://forum.three.ie/t5/Broadband-and-Data/Public-IP-address/m-p/34973#M2258

Thats an accepted solution as it worked for him but give the accepted solution a read and see if it helps.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

@Mac_n_cheese wrote:

OKay, that's a little weird. I believe you need to just use the one APN like for this guy in this thread: https://forum.three.ie/t5/Broadband-and-Data/Public-IP-address/m-p/34973#M2258

Thats an accepted solution as it worked for him but give the accepted solution a read and see if it helps.

Thanks for that @Mac_n_cheese , its the setting at the minute so might not be that but i may contact one of the admins and see if there is anything they can do.

Thanks for your help on this

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>