Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Cell Id 102912 barely usable

Navigator

Hi there,

In the past two months the quality of my 4g connection has dropped dramatically.

Consistently seeing below 1Mbps Download.

Massive latency spikes making any sort of multiplayer gaming impossible. (Previously no issues before this).

Upload seems fine though, up to 15Mbps.

Using Huawai B525s-23a 

Thanks

Chosen Solution

Re: Cell Id 102912 barely usable

Thanks @Tummon I've linked in with our tech team and there's a fault with the mast in your area at the moment. They're working hard to fix this and restore full service as quickly as possible 👍

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Hi Tummon 👋 Can you let me know where exactly you're experiencing this please? I'll check the area to see if there are works taking place on any of the masts in your area which could be impacting your service. Something you could also try is to log into your modem and disable 2.4ghz signal in the router setting. Go to wlan settings and click into basic. There you'll see 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Your router could be emitting both by default so the theory is if you switch off 2.4 then you'll be using 5ghz which is faster. You'll need to connect via ethernet cable to use 5ghz. Aoife

[ Edited ]
Navigator

Hi Aoife,

The router is connected by ethernet to my desktop PC. At work currently, I'll try turning off 2.4ghz when I get home.

Its odd though, I've had the service late last year and its only recently have I started to encounter issues.

My mobile data connection on my phone is also suffering the same issues.

Address:

Thanks @Tummon I've linked in with our tech team and there's a fault with the mast in your area at the moment. They're working hard to fix this and restore full service as quickly as possible 👍

Navigator

Thanks a million, at least I know there's an issue and its being worked on.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>