Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Brutal download speeds in Tramore county Waterford

Scout

Has anyone had abysmal download speeds on three mobile broadband in this area over Easter. At 7.30 am the speed is upward of 20Mbps and from then for the rest of the day and evening it struggles to reach 1 Mbps.

Posted From Apple iPad

Re: Brutal download speeds in Tramore county Waterford

Maestro

Just over Easter? Kids off from school and college is likely the reason. More traffic=slower speeds. Try 3G only if the speed drops again. You can turn back on 4G whenever you like then 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Scout

Thanks Mac. Yes I have come to the conclusion that the problem was one of congestion. As you said I dropped the preferred mode to 3g and immediately got improved speed although not 4g. I tested the 4g speed a few minutes ago and it was hopping at almost 40Mbps as against less than 1 for the last few mornings at the sam time. It doesn’t bode well for the summer months though when there is an influx of visitors to this area. Can Three not increase the mast capacity. Thanks for your response.

Posted From Apple iPad

Maestro

I thought it might have been that. That would mean building more masts wouldn't it though. I've heard a lot of whispering about 5G being trialled so once thats off the ground congestion will n longer be an annoyance.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>