Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Broadband speeds are Terrible in evenings

Lookout
Hi At certain times of the day (mainly evenings and weekends) download and upload speeds are terrible ,I’m in tullamore.Is there a reason for this.Watching Netflix is very bad.No point paying for broadband if it doesn’t work half the time.Can you let me know if there is an issue Thanks
Posted From Apple iPhone

Re: Broadband speeds are Terrible in evenings

3 Community Manager

@Adrian83 when did you start to notice this exactly? Is it every evening or at random times. other members have found their service and speeds is improved when moving from 4G to 3G at peak usage times. have you tried that? Thanks for the address, I've had a look and everything seems to be okay i.e. there are no known issues with the masts nearby.

Thanks'

Lookout
Hi
Nearly every evening I would have to disconnect my phone from the wifi because the connection would be very slow ,then trying to watch Netflix in the evenings the quality could be poor. I use the open signal app to test the connection.At 6am in the morning I would get up to 30Mbps but in the evening it's 399.2kbps and lower.Its the evenings that it is used so something will have to be done to improve it
Thanks

3 Moderator

@Adrian83 I'm just wondering is you had a chance to change the settings in your router from 4G to 3G at peak usage times? 

Lookout
Yes thanks I changed to 3g and it’s working a lot better Thanks for the help

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>