Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Re: Broadband speed or lack of

Explorer

Thanks. Have sent a PM

Highlighted

Explorer

This is still ongoing. I'm waiting to be contacted by a technician regarding what they have found. Will not be marking as 'Accepted Solution' until I am happy that my service is at least back to what it was before or hopefully much improved which is what you would expect considering what was offered in the package I signed up for. Beware of the words 'up to' and 'from'!!

I have received advice from a third party and am prepared to follow that advice through to its conclusion unless I receive the service I signed up for.

THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE A REPLY FROM THREE - I AM IN COMMUNICATION VIA PRIVATE MESSAGES

Highlighted

3 Moderator

Hi EannaM, just checking in with you today. I can see that our tech team were in contact with you and they advised that they will keep you up to date with the ongoing works. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to pop back to us here 👍   

Highlighted

Explorer

Yes, they told me that the work was almost finished and I should be up and running shortly. I then received a text from 3 Care saying that they believed the case has been resolved and the service back to normal. If not I was to call 1913. I waited a couple of days to see if my service was back to normal and as it was NOT I called that number yesterday and during a 45 minute call was advised to do several things, including testing the speed on Fast.com. Your rep was in agreement that the speeds were way too low and opened a case so that your technicians could look into it YET AGAIN. I got a further text the same evening asking me to call again regarding the case which I have just done. This time I was advised by another rep that the technicians said that everything is OK. Well, it is NOT!!!! Now I have been told to take my modem into the 3 shop to have it tested and if found to be faulty it will be sent for repair. If it is not faulty then it could be the sim card which will be replaced. So I will be interested to see what the outcome of that will be. If neither are faulty then I'm back to square one and I just wonder what the excuse will be then???!!!

I have no complaint about the reps I have dealt with as I feel they are doing their job under what must be very difficult circumstances. My complaint is solely with the standard of internet service which is, at the moment, extremely poor and NOT what I signed up for.

I will update this post if and when it comes to a satisfactory conclusion.

Highlighted

Explorer

Today I managed to get to the Midleton shop for them to test my B525 router and the sim card. I was told that they were both OK and the router just needed an up date which they did for me. Having got it home and started using it again things are still no better. I went on the router home page and noticed that it has been connected to 4G. There is no 4G connection in this area just 3G. I have tried to change it back to 3G but the user name and password are not being accepted. Speed is showing as 1.6mbps which is still not acceptable. However, I would like to try it on the 3G setting again just to make sure. Can you please let me have a user name and password that the router home page will accept. 

This has been going on for over a fortnight now, still without a satisfactory conclusion, so if the speed is still not back to an acceptable standard after changing back to 3G I intend taking this matter further.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

Good morning 👏 Have you tried resetting the router? This will also reset your password back to the generic one of "admin". Once you do this you can change the password to something only you will know. Let me know how you get on after you switch your settings to 3G only? Deb

Highlighted

Explorer

I've had a very harrowing morning trying to sort out the password situation on the router home page (My3 page would also not accept my username and password). I was eventually advised by someone on Chat, having had no response on here, to reset the router. This I did and was then able to change the connection back to 3G. I can hardly believe what I am about to say...…….. success! The speed is now at a giddying height of 7.4 mbps. Hopefully this will continue and thereby save my sanity. If not …….. I will be back.

Highlighted

Explorer

Our replies crossed. As you can see I have done what you also suggest. 

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

I'm delighted that it's sorted for you 👍

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.