Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Broadband speed or lack of

Explorer

I started my mobile broadband package - 3 Unlimited at €30 per month - a few months ago. All was well at first, not brilliant but acceptable, but now the download and upload speeds are DREADFUL! For the past couple of weeks nearly it has been 0.8 or 0.9 download and 3.1 upload. I have followed all the advice given in the posts here and also reset the Huawei B525 router as recommended by your customer service rep yesterday. I live within sight of a mast so are there any problems with the service? I cannot see the point in paying for unlimited broadband when even a simple video on the likes of YouTube is constantly buffering!Feeling VERY disappointed with the whole thing but unfortunately I'm tied in for 18 months. Any advice to improve this situation would be gratefully received. 

Highlighted

Re: Broadband speed or lack of

Anonymous

Hi EnnaM 👋 I'm sorry to hear that 🙊 Can you tell me whereabouts you are using the service and I'll check out the area for you? 👀 Have you tried everything on the checklist here? 👉 http://3.ie/md06  Conor

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi I'm in Clashmore, Co Waterford. The link you gave me has been deleted or suspended. I've switched the router off and on, removed and replaced the Sim, reset it, moved it around and used the aerial but it's made no difference.☺

Highlighted

Leader

Thanks for this info EnnaM ! I've checked Clashmore and all looks good here! I notice that this is a predominantly 3G area so it'd be worth checking that this is what your router is connecting to. Can you follow these steps to switch it to 3G only (and enable data roaming)?

Steps as follows:

1) Go to URL 192.168.8.1

2) Log in with username and password (default is 'admin' for both)

- if prompted to change the password, we recommend changing it to 'admin1'

3) Click Settings > Advanced Settings > Preferred Mode > 3G Only

4) Click Apply.

Under the Connections section, you should see an option to enable Data Roaming. 

Once you've done all this, turn off the router for 5 mins, turn it back on and let me know how it goes 👍

Highlighted

Explorer

Have done as you asked and it's now worse than ever! 0.49! Please confirm that switching to data roaming won't incur extra charges too.

Highlighted

Leader

Switching data roaming won't incur any charges to you Brendan, this will only happen if you were to successfully connect the broadband to internet while outside the EU (which is unlikely as we don't support roaming for broadband accounts). Can you enable data roaming then power off the modem for 10 mins and let me know how the speeds are? If this doesn't resolve your issue, I'll need you to PM me your broadband number and details and I'll take a closer look at the account.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks. I had already enabled data roaming but I'll switch the router off again for another 10 minutes and get back to you.

Highlighted

Explorer

Have restarted the router and the download speed is now showing 1.8 which is a slight improvement but still not up to an acceptable standard. Is there anything more you can do please?

Highlighted

Leader
Highlighted

Leader

Sorry EnnaM, looks like we both wrote back at the same time! I can certainly check this further for you, can you PM me your broadband number, name, address and DOB? I'll need to take a look at your account.

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.