Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Broadband speed - 3G no longer working

Explorer

The modem is Huawei B525. 

However that is irrelevant. 

There is a broken mask in my area that needs to be fixed. The mask has been out since last Wednesday. It needs to be fixed as there is too much congestion which is affecting throughput. 

I’ve had nearly a week of poor poor quality signal at peak times simply because the mask is down. 

Either fix it or cancel my service as I am NOT paying for unbelievable slow speeds. 

Maestro

The mast in your area is back up and running. Are you still receiving the same speeds? If so, can you disable the 5ghz and just enable 2.4 ghz and this may give you a more stable connection and let me know how you get on?

Explorer

I peformerd a network search and can still see only one mask in my area. The speeds are the same 1 -2 MB per sec at peak time. Sometimes the speed is lower. 

Last week before the issue I could get speeds of 8-10 MB per sec on 3G at peak time. Now after a week I see no evidence you repaired the mask as there is one showing up in the manual network search. I also see the exact speed as before you tell me the mask is fixed. This makes me think you have been told wrong information and the engineers have not fixed the problem. 

I am considering a complain to COMREG as the quality of service is appalling at peak times and you have not addressed the broken mask problem 

Maestro

Thanks for the breakdown here @Fintan_23 Were you able to try the modem changes that were sent above? 

Explorer

It makes no difference. I’m getting very pissed off now at this stage. Tonight the speed is 0.5 MB per second. 

The problem is that you have not fixed the mask and the back-up is too far away. ALSO THERE IS TOO MUCH CONGESTION IN THE AREA. 

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!  I WANT TO CANCEL. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE THAT SPEEDS ARE REDUCED TO HALF A MEGABYTE A SECOND.... THIS IS A NONSENSE SERVICE. 

I HAVE THE PROBLEM FOR 8 DAYS . 8 DAYS . 8 DAYS 8 DAYS 

SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND STOP WITH THESE NONSENSE SUGGESTIONS YOU LAIRS. YOU HAVE NOT FIXED THE MASKS 

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

@Fintan_23 I'm happy to help you here and our suggestions above were given  in an effort to help you and to rule out common factors that can cause what you've described. We have contacted the relevant team on your behalf but I'd like to open an investigation on your account, specifically, to get an analysis of your service. You can give your permission for this by sending me a PM with your address and date of birth. Thanks'

Explorer

Thank you.

I no problem with ruling out common factors, however I've reported the issue over a week ago. Was dealing with an agent providing very specific support. The issue is reported as fixed, but in fact is worst.

And now it appears I have to begin all over again.

Happy to PM you with my details

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're not seeing any improvement, Fintan. As soon as I have your PM I'll take it from there. You can click on my username and then choose to send me a PM from there. Thanks'

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>