Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Broadband speed - 3G no longer working

Explorer

I in the Kildare  area. Last year I had major speed issues. I have broadband 750Gb unlimited. During peak time I bearly got 1MB per sec. This was a significant drop from previous peaks of 10 MB per sec. 

I resolved the problem eventually after weeks and weeks by moving my settings preference to 3G. This helped improved the speed because I was just outside the reach of 4G. 

Since Wednesday 3G has stopped working. It connects but gives the following message

Connection failed. The profile is invalid. Please contact your service provider.

This creates a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR problem. I now have ridiculously poor speeds during peak hours. I did speed checks and last night got a MAX speed of 0.2 MB per second at 9:00. I cannot even download email. 

The problem is simple. FIX THE 3G network issue. I am not paying EUR 30 for rubbish rubbish service. If this isn't resolved then I will be complaining to COMREG. I would love to cancel the service but am tied into a 18 MONTH deal

I would never have done so had I known I would be getting so lousy speeds at peak time. 

Re: Broadband speed - 3G no longer working

Hi Fintan, I'd like to look into this for you to see if we could be working in your area which would be impacting your speeds. Can you let me know where exactly in Kildare you're experiencing this please? Aoife

Explorer

Hi Aoife

Thanks for the reply. I'm in Hodgestown (nearest town Staplestown, Donadea). It would appear my modem can pick up the 3G network 

Thanks Fintan. I can see that a mast is down in your area at the moment which is impacting your service. Our tech team are aware of this and are working to get it back up and running asap 👍

Explorer

ASAP is an exaggeration as it is already down for 2 days. Can we have a  solution now, not at your leisure. Surely your engineers can give this priority as it is service impacting for my area. 

I do not want to be without internet for weekend. I'm really concerned you will never fix the mask as you have not done with the previous outage in September. 

If it remains down for I believe I am within my right to complain to COMREG and ask for a refund 

3 Community Manager

I get your frustration, I do! There are many factors to consider when works or repairs are needed on a mast. Such as permission to go on private land, doing tests to find the root cause, ordering parts and of course the weather. As a matter of safety, our crews don't go up a mast in certain weather conditions. In saying that, I'll be able to help with "invalid profile" part, by making a small change to your account. To do this I need your permission and your details. Can you PM me your number, full name, address and date of birth? Deb

Explorer

Thats fine except that I'm paying for really poor service. And I have to chase you for a solution. No communication to the customer to let me know there's a problem. I'm expected to pay for your problems, that's not a service it is free money for Three. If it were the first I issue I would have no problem, but this is the fourth MAJOR problem this year - ALL SERVICE IMPACTING.

And Always I get the same answers. 

I'll PM you my details, but I know giving me access to alternatives masks won't make a difference as I was able to do a check with my mobile and I'm bearly getting 1MB per sec on the nearest other 3G mask. 

I renewed my contract in February on the basis the big upgrade (4G) would be available in my area in April. I find out after I signed my house is out of reach. Thats why I'm so dependent on the 3G mask.

Why do I want out of this contract? Because of the never ending sad stories from three on how difficult it is to solve their own network issues. The simple fact is that this is second mask failure in my area in 6 months. THEY NEVER SOLVED THE PREVIOUS ONE preferring to invest in upgrading Prosperous rather than the Donadea area.

3 Community Manager

Hi Fintan, getting back to you as promised 😊 Have you had the invalid profile error since I fixed it in the background? Also, can you tell me if your speeds have improved ? Deb

Highlighted

Explorer

Hello, 

Firstly I can confirm the access issue hasn't returned and I've been able to access the 3G network. 

This has helped improved speeds. However at peak time I'm averaging 1-2 MB per sec. This meant I couldn't download and watch Netflix at the same time during peak hours. On Saturday evening the maximum speed was 0.5MB per second - which made the internet unusable at times. 

For the service to return to normal it needs the mask to be repaired - otherwise the area becomes seriously congested at peaks. 

I understand your doing your best, but the area cannot have broadband service while that problems remains unfixed. 

Thanks 

Fintan

Maestro

Thanks for the update here Fintan, can you tell me what modem you're using? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>