Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Broadband performance issue

3 Moderator

Absolutely @PatrickB I'll keep the thread updated as soon as I get more information 👍

3 Moderator

Hi @PatrickB 👋 iI have been keeping a close eye on this for you and linking with the networks team. We have an engineer due to visit the site in the next few days so as soon as we have a further update, I'll come on this thread here again 😊  

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

It is a common problem no matter of your location. Great connection at Three was a reason why I switched whole family and some friends to 3 few years back. Now, for about two months now everyone is complaining at speeds. Slowdowns starts from evenings till approx midnight. LTE connection is terribly slow and even unusable. Switching to 3G sometime before helped, but not anymore. One friend already moved to Vodafone, others are considering it too. 

I see that helpdesk is trying to blind users saying to reset their phones/routers or move them to different locations but it's pointless. The real issue is with a service. Hope this is all happening because they work on 5G, if so... I can wait a bit longer for things to get better. Just tell us how long it's gonna take.

Maestro
@eclipse05 you replied like 6 times why not start your own thread and give the information to the mods to check out? Everything in one area then, I didn't know where to reply because it's all different messages, sorry so I'm not going to look at all of them to piece it all together. I think you need to send the info in a PM to the mods but if it's a drop in speed at peak times then be prepared because that happens on all mobile networks, we all know mobile is not the same as land line broadband and there's not much can be done but I do know that there are steps that have helped improve the speeds at those times.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Moderator

@PatrickB Hello there, our engineer has visited your mast and made some adjustments. We're noticing an improvement in signal strength but we are monitoring the site over the weekend. Can you restart your broadband and let me know how it goes? 

Lookout

Hi Deborah,

There's been some definite improvement over the 0.5MB I had. It's around 2MB now and holding. That's sufficient for what I need (and 2-3MB is normal for a busy evening period at my location). At that, I would expect it to improve outside of the busy period to over 3MB. I'll watch it over the weekend and let you know how it works out other than just one point in time.

Thanks!

3 Moderator

@ParickB Thanks for getting back and letting us know. Glad to hear you're seeing an improvement seen the adjustments were made. Keep an eye on it over the weekend and pop back to us here on Monday to let us know how you got on. Have a lovely weekend 😊 

Highlighted

Pathfinder

@Mac_n_cheese 
There is my thread here: https://forum.three.ie/t5/The-Living-Room/5G-roll-out-LTE-Advanced-Pro/m-p/35612#M2235

I've been working in T-Mobile as a technical consultant years back so I know pretty enough how this works Smiley Wink 
PM to mods won't fix it. That would just take their precious time pointlessly. It needs to go higher up... Mods need to inform their supervisors about situation. If more and more ppl are starting to complain about 3G/4G speeds the problem is rather real and touches almost everyone. You need to remember that most users won't even visit the forum, they will just complain to friends, family or simply switch... 

[ Edited ]
Maestro

@ eclipse sticking to this thread but it's not the same issue you're talking about which is why I mentioned creating your own thread  Are you 3UK ? You mentioned TMobile which is UK. The mods helped here because it was an issue in the area and have helped in PM before cuz I've asked others for updates. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

Hi there,

It worked as expected over the weekend, and is holding this evening as expected. I believe that's my issue sorted!

Thanks for the assistance!

Patrick

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>