Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Broadband is picking up roaming

My modem is picking up a roaming signal even though I am not roaming. It tells me that I will be charged roaming charges when I go to connect. Why is this?
Posted From Apple iPhone

Chosen Solution

Re: Broadband is picking up roaming

3 Community Manager

Thanks for the reply Elaine 😊 I hope you saw billbond4 post too! We can all assure you that this is fine and you won't be charged unless you are outside of the country. This is also a normal reaction on older modems in an upgrade area. If you want you can PM me and I'll check your account out. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
Are you roaming on o2-irl?
There is probably upgrade work ongoing in your area and your roaming onto the O2 network, which is owned by 3, so your fine

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Leader

Hi Elainetgrehan

This notification can indeed appear if your phone connects to a different mast. Your phone is likely detecting this and warning you as a result but so long as you're not actually out of the country, you'll be fine. If you're living near the NI border, this may also be a factor but as EU roaming is included in your plan, it's unlikely you'll have any issues here. 

Normally, when you are roaming, even in NI, you'll receive a text from us to advise of rates when outside the Republic of Ireland. If you receive this text, let me know.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa

It's not my phone, it's my modem that is showing as roaming. I am not out of the country and not near the NI border.

Thanks
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Community Manager

Thanks for the reply Elaine 😊 I hope you saw billbond4 post too! We can all assure you that this is fine and you won't be charged unless you are outside of the country. This is also a normal reaction on older modems in an upgrade area. If you want you can PM me and I'll check your account out. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>