Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Broadband Speed drops in evening

[ Edited ]
Scout

Hi,

In the last two days my broadband speed has dropped in the evening, from a daytime upload  speed of over 20Mbps (typically 30 but can hit 40) to an evening of under 2Mbps download for the last two nights.

I haven't had anything like this before, and yes I did restart the Router, Huawei B525s-23a. 
I'm in Laois, Mountrath area.

Looks like too much of a drop for user congestion. 
Any known issues in the area? Any idea of when they'll be resolved?

Thanks.
N

Re: Broadband Speed drops in evening

Maestro
Ah sounds like issue then cuz it's a sudden thing, at least you tried a few things! @Three: mountrath in laoise, any problems?
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Moderator

@Neb, Hi there and welcome to the Community. I hope you'll find many useful topics and maybe a competition or two. I've had a look at your area and nothing is out of the ordinary. To help you here, I'll need you to PM me your exact address and broadband number, full name and date of birth. @Mac_n_cheese, thanks as always.  

[ Edited ]
Scout

One clarification, I meant download speeds not upload.

I just checked my log of speed tests.  Today and yesterday the evening download speed has been under 2Mbps, but the day speed was 23Mbps, which is also bit low for what I usually get, but fine. For the previous month it has always been over 30Mbps, day or evening. And despite being in a bad area for mobile broadband coverage the Router does get good signal strength.

PM sent.

Pathfinder

Same happened to me, 6 months ago my speed was 40 during the day and 20 in the evening, now 40 at dawn, 20 during the day and 1 or 2 in the evening, I use 3G most of the time now "which is still useful" , so many users for the bandwidth available. that is why cheap. I can't get any other ISP except Vodafone with 250G cap, when my contract with Three expires I will sign 2 accounts with Vodafone, expensive but faster. The other thing that could happen is 3G will become congested like 4G, then I will contact Comreg to get me out of contract

Scout
I have similar issue. Speed is reasonably good during morning and afternoon 20+ Mbps but come evening time is less than 1 Mbps, unusable. Located in Castlelyons, Cork.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Highlighted

Maestro

Hmmm congestion would be a cause I believe but have you tried anything that @Naser mentioned? 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Explorer
I have exactly the same issue in Kilcolman, Enniskeanne. We have 4 phones and a 4g Broadband router which all suffer the same issues on the 3 Network. We have one work phone on the Vodaphone network which works great. I am currently getting around 700kbps down and 4.2Mbps up. This continues till about midnight and the my download goes up to 20-40Mbps. We are just about to to switch to another network as the internet connection is not usually in the evenings.

3 Moderator

Hi there 👋 I've taken a look at that area and everything seems to be up and running. In regards to the phones, do they work perfectly elsewhere? Do you notice the coverage to improve if you're outside of the house? Have you tried manually selecting 3G by any chance?

Explorer
It is not better outside, 3G is a bit better but not great. I am getting 3-4 bar on 4g but downloads after 6pm is less than 1Mbps.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>