Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Bill pay broadband speeds slow!!

[ Edited ]

We currently have 3 billpay broadband and despite claims of good 4g network coverage we nearly always have download speeds of less than 1mbps in the evenings, I live in the Manor West area of Tralee, I have contacted your online chat and reset router but there was no improvement of download speeds, then your rep advised us to ring 3 on1913 wich I did on February 4th and followed instructions but got no improvement so I rang 1913 again on February 8th and the rep said to cancell 4g and put router onto 3g and disable the 5g channel on the router which gave a little improvement during the day but we still have unusable download speeds in the evening less than 1 or 2.5 mbps, this has been happening since early December and if there is not an improvement I want 3 to release us from our contract as they are not supplying the service they claimed we would get when we signed up, I am currently 12 months into an 18 month contract and have no problem paying for a useable service but not a service this slow, It's been going on far too long to call it temporary so please improve the output in the area or free us from a contract that you are not honouring.

*signature edited 

Re: Bill pay broadband speeds slow!!

[ Edited ]

@Michealgimmieshave you moved the router around your home? It took me a while to find the best spot but if you know where your mast is and the direction then.you can move your router (attach the antennas as well to make sure it's pointing in the right direction)

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Legend
You should always use the 5ghz channel if your wireless devices can use it.
Try installing opensignal app on your phone to see masts in your area, as the closest one I.e the one in esb maybe for vodafone etc or there maybe a lot of people using it, so try other ones

[ Edited ]

Agree with @billbond4 there. A lot of the equipment we use now can pick it up so disable the 2.4 and see how 5 works. Trial and error.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Legend
Just thinking no need to disable to 2.4ghz,you should goto each of your devices and connect to the 5ghz network, as not all devices may have 5ghz support.
I have one tablet that doesn't

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>