Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Best location to place Huawei B525

Lookout
Living in Offaly and recently got the B525 router. Router itself has constant 5 bars positioned on a window facing north. Yet when I run speedtests the best UL results come from masts in the south, mostly Tralee or Waterford. Yet, when I move the router to that side of the house it drops significantly, any tips? Also the Huawei HiLink app doesn't give full access to all options, e.g a re adding barred devices. Any other router manager apps out there with similar interface to HiLink?
Posted From Samsung SM-G950F

Chosen Solution

Re: Best location to place Huawei B525

Legend

Glad i havent gotten any concussion (yet)

Theres no way to force a connection to a certain mast, you just need to move the device so that it favours one mast more than another 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
I didn't know tralee and Waterford were near Offaly?
Anyway the mast you connected to your iin the North is close to you so your getting 5 bars, but your getting low speeds due to congestion on that mast or lack of bandwidth.
For the South facing your further away from the mast but that mast has less users/higher spare bandwidth so you get better speeds

Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted

yeah, I agree with @billbond4 If you try keeping it where you're getting 5 bars and change to 3G in your settings whenever the speed drops, you will have useable broadband. It works for me!

Lookout
Thanks for the info guys. Due to a massive concussion I got last week my directional senses got muddled, the router is actually at a window facing West, as in deeper into the Midlands. I know there are 2 Three masts located in that direction, just about 2km from my house. I've got direct line of sight as we're on top of a hill. I've changed the channel from auto to 11 and speed has increased by about 10mb, however the real test will come at about 7pm this evening. Do you know if there's a way of manually connecting to one of those masts or is that even a thing? On a side note, concussion is a hell of a thing!
Posted From Samsung SM-G950F

Legend

Glad i havent gotten any concussion (yet)

Theres no way to force a connection to a certain mast, you just need to move the device so that it favours one mast more than another 

Lookout
Appreciate the advice billbond4. That's my task for the rest of the evening!
Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>