Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Atrocious bandwidth speed 4G - down to 80kb/s

Lookout

Hi, I have been dealing with this issue for the best part of 3 months now, basically my bandwidth speeds are really terrible, tonight around 6pm dropped to 80 kb/s.

My internet is terribly slow for the majority of the day and basically unusable from 6pm onwards. This has been the slowest yet but not abnormal based on speed tests over the course of the past few weeks. I am a little outside Ballina, County Mayo.

Can't access emails quickly let alone watch anything through the internet. I am paying 30€ per month on contract for a service that is basically robbing me blind. 

Have been on to chat I don't know how many times and promised numerous phone calls from the technical team that never come and when I got through (after much protest) to management at customer service they hit me with 'oh there is high usage' are you kidding me!!!! High usage - I bloody wish!!! Then I was dismissed and given a get out of the contract free of charge to stop me moaning at them anymore.

Can someone please address this correctly, I am paying for a service I am not receiving and it is nothing short of atrocious what bandwidth speed that I am getting.

Re: Atrocious bandwidth speed 4G - down to 80kb/s

Lookout

Hi same here in Offaly turns out that 3irl are roaming on a Vodafone net and providing  AT BEST a 3g service  I have never in the last year had a 4g service in the Edenderry offaly  area from 3Irl  and as for customer service to solve the problem   well thats a waste of time 

Tesco mobile who ghost on the the 3 network are also 3g  Vodafone seem to be able to manage a 4g service  3Ireland however cannot

@ardnaras if they only supply 3G then there's nothing that can be done until they upgrade the service. Sorry but that infrastructure and they've already said multiple times that they are undergoing a full upgrade so the good news is they will get to your location and I know from other customers, you receive a text when they are in your location.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

@aw123 have you asked for usage numbers? You could have high usage as I presume you use it during the day as well? Bank holidays tend to mean more people are using the network so that impacts speed but gamers tend to use a lot of bandwidth and late at night ( like my neighbour) have you actually tried troubleshooting?

Lookout
HI they have been promising the upgrade for years

Thanks

Lookout
Tried all the so called solutions that three suggested and asked me to do -
don't have online gamers in the house so that isn't an issue and usage
during the day is for work, browsing internet etc - no more than the base
minimum of what I would expect to be able to do with my internet provider.

Have neighbours but not direct neighbours but regardless of usage locally
it isn't acceptable to provide me with 80kb/s for 30€ a month - as I said
atrocious. Other people's usage I do understand will impact the speed of
the service but there has to be an acceptable level of service/speed that I
am definitely not getting regardless of the amount of users.

If you have any troubleshooting that can help then please let me know as I
by the wording of your email you are referring to something outwith the
standard troubleshooting but I will be getting on to technical tomorrow to
see what they say.

Your neighbours or anyone connecting to that mast could be gaming or streaming/dowoading the point is you share the mast and other users can cause that issue. If you're getting that all the time then that's different. Send the mods a pm so they can get onto the technical team for you.
Highlighted

Lookout

Hi yeah I understand about the users locally could quite easily be saturating the bandwidth but quite honestly when you are paying for it it can be extremely frustrating.

The bandwidth speed is showing at less than 0.2mb/s and that's all day not just a peak time so just off the phone to customer service who agree there is a problem after running several speed tests so technical team meant to be calling within 48 hours.

Now I wait and hope that a solution is given to me.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>