Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

4Km from LTE mast line of sight and can't get 4g

Lookout

Hi all, hope someone can advise (especially from 3).  I am 4Km from a 4g mast on a mountain and can see it directly but have never gotten 4g.  However I am getting a very bad 3g signal from a mast 8kms away and below the horizon!  Also, since last year this bad 3g signal has gotten much worse.  The coverage map from 3 and Comreg show 4g as Very Good or indoor at my house but still no 4g.  I have phoned and phoned and probably spoken to about 25 Customer service helpers but have never been allowed to speak to a tech representative.  My case has been sent to the tech team but they just dismissed it within an hour - my house is in the wrong place or bad area - even though I can see the 4g mast on the mountain 4 kms from my house - very, very frustrating that no tech person is willing to listen to my information to them - only getting second hand info that some confused customer service person is trying to write down.  I am about to make an Official complaint and then go to Comreg, but maybe someone here can advise.  Last year I was told that there were 'problems' with the 4g mast on the mountain, but this year they say it's all fine .... hmmm?

All help/advice gratefully accepted.

Re: 4Km from LTE mast line of sight and can't get 4g

Lookout

I forgot to add:  I have done all requested resets, checking settings, change sim card etc, etc.  Also my phone gets LTE 4g perfectly when in a town or city, so my phone is not the problem (Huawei Y9)

Legend
Do you know anyone else with 3 who has the same issue that's closer /connected to that mast?

Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted

Lookout

Thanks for reply... no, I don't know anyone with 3 close by - but I must ask around and see what transpires. 

Legend
And the mast thats 4km is definitely a three one?

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

Hi same here in Edenderry offaly  poor 3g signal  The reason being 3Irl are roaming on a Vodafone mast  They seem to have no interest in fixing the problem      You can forget about 5g

3 Moderator

Hi @Omta 👋 Welcome to our Community! Can you send me a PM with your exact location and I can check this out further for you? Can you also include your number, full name and date of birth please and we can take it from there? 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>