Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

upgrade - why should i have a new contract

Anonymous
  • I pay nearly €57 a month as i have 2 dongels
  • I have been with 3 since 2012
  • My dongle is so out of date that it is not working the way it should

ALL THE ABOVE SHOULD QULAIFY ME TO GETTING AN UPGRADE AND NEW DONGLE WITHOUT SIGNING A NEW CONTRACT BUT IT DOESN'T

It is absolutely shocking that 3 will not upgrade without the need of new contract. For goodness sake it is only a new dongle i need which must cost you pennies to make

seems loyalty counts for nothing

Re: upgrade - why should i have a new contract

Hi Kevin, any upgrade will put you into a new contract, and this is the same with any network. If you'd rather not enter a new contract but you need a new modem/router, you can purchase a Prepay modem and use your billpay broadband SIM in the new device. This won't affect your contract. 

Anonymous

just because other networks do, doesn't mean it is correct

my dongle is so old that we cannot use it

so technically it is not an upgrade but a replacement.

My contract ran out two years ago, and was never extended so why did that happen?

anyway i am fed up talking to you on it.

i would rather join a new network (yes i know i will need a new contract) than carry on arguing with you

Hi @Anonymous, I'm sorry that you feel that way, unfortunately there is no option to provide a new modem free of charge without a commitment. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Sheena

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon