Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

overcharge on bill pay data usage

Anonymous

Been with My3 for 7years on monthly package now costing €24.99 for 15G of data. The problem is this month the bill is €99.01.

We have never came near to using the allocated allowance, previous bills prove this.

I phoned 1913 and spoke to the adviser, he looked at the bill and said that we have used 4,541,367 Mbytes in one day. There is no phone and only my wife and I have access to the computer. According to the bill, the extra data was used on the 1st of August and the new allowance started on the 2nd of August.

He said that he can't check the how this data was used because of the data protection act.

I know we havn't used this amount, is there any way of finding out how this data was used.

The bill came out of the bank and made me overdrawn, I went to the bank and they have held the payment up until I can get to the bottom of this. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Regards

Richard

Re: overcharge on bill pay data usage

Anonymous
Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done in this situation. Because the account went over the usage and it shows it had gone over the usage then as the agent said due to data protection they can't see the sites visited.

May it be possible you left it connected to the net to run in the background?

Anonymous

Because of the date and size, I'm thinking could this be the Windows 10 upgrade. If you signed up to reserve a copy, it downloads in the background without you even being aware of it.

Hi higgs, that is true I'm afraid, and from what I've heard the upgrade in the background is about 3GBs which can push some people over their limit.

Anonymous
That could be it. My Vodafone landline broadband upgraded it over night mate and its a big download
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>