Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: outgoing email/smtpme I

Navigator
Im no longer a three customer..thank god for Vodafone 😆

Re: outgoing email/smtp

I have just reported three to comreg, for bad service and constant lies.

Three all know it is a problem with their SMTP, yet they tell you to ring tech support.

After 30 mins waiting you give up.

Com Reg number 01-8049668. thankfully they answer the phone and are very nice.

Takes 5 mins. report the lies.............................

Highlighted

Scout

I've just upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the outgoing SMTP server. It worked fine before.  Now I'm getting a message saying "Can't connect to outgoing email server using the specified encryption method" . I use a '3' broadband router to connect to the web from my PC.

My settings are as follows:

Server name: mail-relay.3ireland.ie

Port: 25

Encryption: none

Are these correct?

Explorer
Think encryption should be off for outgoing mail. On the 3 phone network, SSL is set to off for outgoing but On for incoming mail.
The mail server address and port number are fine though.

Maestro

Hi @hpcoyle, you can check out the email server addresses here: http://bit.ly/2le1E19

Explorer
Yeah but hpcoyle was having issues with threes outgoing server, not any of the ones listed in the link.

@hpcoyle If you can change the server to 3internet and try sending a test mail.

Just to jump in here, this same issue was posted over on the Microsoft forum here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/outlook-cann...

Another member posted a workaround there, can you see if that works for you? The outgoing server for Three is mail-relay.3ireland.ie.

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon