Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Three Broadband Huawei E3531 dongle not installing

Anonymous

Hi Everyone, 

I was wondering what is happening with my dongle. I bought it a few days ago and have registered the sim online on my Macbook. However, the salesperson in the store told me to check the 196.168.1.1 link to see if it works after a few hours but it still is not working. Do I have to wait until 24 hours to connect? Also, I am unable to install the three connect software as when I inserted the dongle into my Mac, only the Hilink app appeared and when I clicked on it, it wanted to make changes to my mac, which I would agree to and it would do nothing. What should I do?

Thanks. 

Re: Three Broadband Huawei E3531 dongle not instal

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I am sorry to hear your facing issues with your modem but fear not, we will try and get you sorted today and if not, a forum rep can assist tomorrow.

First of all, welcome to Three. 

Okay can you try get to the dashboard using 192.168.1.1 - let me know if anything pops up.

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Did you try the above?

Anonymous
I did try the link several times and my browser said it was unavailable.

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

This is odd, from a quick search on the web I see others face the same issue with Modems, maybe @Three_Sheena has a solution for Mac ?

Anonymous
Hi David,

I'm using OS X Yosemite. I'm not too sure what's happening either. I am also aware that there has been many people with problems with macs.

Anonymous
If there is a solution I would be great to figure out what is going on with the modem.

Hi @Anonymous, this download from the manufacturer should fix this for you 

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=31322

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Just wondering if your issue has been resolved?

Anonymous

Hi David, 

I'm afraid when I downloaded the file it worked to a point as it installed properly, but when I go into it, there is no sign of connectivity or activity within the app itself.  I'm not too sure what to do now. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>