Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Signal booster

[ Edited ]
Explorer

I have been using a signal booster for my Three mobile and it was working very well up until about two months ago (I was getting three extra bars).

As far as I know the one I was using was legal. Now it isn't boosting my signal anymore.

I even bought a new one in case the one I had was faulty but it made no difference.

Can someone tell me if they have had a similar problem? Or maybe a Three rep can tell me has there been a change in the configuration of the mast I am connecting to?

I am based in north-west county Cork.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Signal booster

Legend

What could have happened is that the mast that your connected has changed frequency to one that your booster doesnt support.

Explorer

That could possibly be the case alright. I will have to find out what frequency it is using .

[ Edited ]
Explorer

@billbond4 Actually on second thoughts I don't think that is likely because cell towers would never change their frequency. It doesn't boost the signal for other providers in my area, not just Three so it is unlikely that they would all have changed their frequency. 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon