Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Scam text from 57976

Lookout

Hello all, I received the following today:

FreeMsg: U have joined vFit.guru for 28 days access for Euro 20 (8x Euro 2.50 msgs). Help? 0818400300 SP: vFit.Guru

I have spoken to three via the Web chat and while helpful, they were not able to give me a way of ensuring that I do not get charged for this service other than telling me to text STOP, which would have incurred charges on my account. 

I have blocked the number but I am unsure if this is enough to stop me being charged when they try to send additional messages. 

I am wondering if anyone has found a way for stopping these texts that doesn't involve me calling a scam call centre and handing over even more details to scammers to get the "service" stopped?

As a side note, there is absolutely zero chance I signed up for this service, either consciously or inadvertently. I haven't used my phone all day and would never click on a dodgy link on any website or email. I have worked in IT consultancy for the last 15 years.

Do they just add random numbers to a list and start charging? 

Chosen Solution

Re: Scam text from 57976

[ Edited ]
Maestro

https://forum.three.ie/t5/Prepay/Premium-SMS-charge/m-p/36170/highlight/true#M11388

@jimmydeboy  @Leahh12 See the update from @Three_Rachel with all the help info. If you searched premium sms that instead of posting you'd find that topic and the green tick means it's been solved. End of the day it's a premium sms charge and if you haven't subscribed you'll be refunded but you have to contact them and I believe Rachel gave an email address.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro
If you didn't sign up and are sure about that then open a complaint with comreg. STOP back will block that Co. From future charges and blocking alone def won't. Three can block all premium service but that includes competitions and things like that so if you like entering comps then that won't suit you. Just PM the mods your number if you want to block all the premium stuff.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Lookout

Thank you for the reply. 

Yes, I am 100% sure I did not sign up.

I will call three tomorrow and block premium services, I would never do anything like competitions, I don't even do the lotto. 

3 Moderator

@Godskitchen Hi there, did you manage to get the block applied to your account? I'm able to help you with this too. As @Mac_n_cheese mentioned, just send me a PM Smiley Happy You'll see the link under my signature. I'll keep an eye out for you. 

Scout
Could you do same for me pls? I just got this msg from 57976. BTW, how can I pm you?
Posted From Huawei EML-L09

3 Moderator

@July2919 Hi there, I'm happy to help you out here. Can you click on "send me a PM" under my signature? Send me your number, full name, address and date of birth too. 

Scout
Can you do the Same for me please. Thanks
Posted From Apple iPhone

3 Moderator

I just got back to your PM @rois1999k if you'd like to take a look? 😊

Replying so I can pm

HELP HELP HELP

Hi

I received the following today:

FreeMsg: U have joined vFit.guru for 28 days access for Euro 20 (8x Euro 2.50 msgs). Help? 0818400300 SP: vFit.Guru

What can I do 

jimmydeboy

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>