Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Re: Cancel premium SMS texts

[ Edited ]
Lookout

I got refunded €6.85. I was still completely ripped off and the €6.85 doesn't cover how much was robbed off me but people need to take a stand against this type of behavior. If you don't enter your phone number how the hell can merchants just drain your credit? Clicking a link randomly on Youtube should not be a contract. 

Re: Scam Text From 57977

Scout
I have also received 8 texts on my phone on 30 Oct 2019 from 57977 which I have been billed for €16.26 ex vat

I did not sign up for any subscription service. Please explain how three can facilitate this fraud and how not only I but other three registered users phone numbers have been compromised. I would like an official response to how three will address the matter. Its not acceptable.

Navigator
Unfortunately while you say they are legit, which although maybe true, 1000's mobile customers are being scammed by premium messaging services I have been and know personally of others and we never subscribed to these seevices, I researched online there are others who have been scammed in this way it's not right

Navigator
Rttoday I agree with you its disgraceful, it's happening all the time, to other people I know, the companies say it's because you subscribed, Three told me it was my browsing habits! As I stated to Three and the company "browsing does not subscribe me to their services, me giving my phone number to them and ticking a box subscribes me which I didnt do, and they dont nor will they ever have that I did, I am going to keep at it til I get my 20euro refund

3 Community Manager

@Three1 Hello there, I've seen your posts on a few different boards. I'm wondering have you checked out the announcement board regarding Premium SMS? We've supplied an email to put forward any disputes and also, a premium block can be applied. Here's the link 👉 click here If you need any more info, please send me a PM. 

Navigator
You have seen my posts and I have seen Three response to existing customers who are fed up with these premium messaging services telling me and others like me we subscribed when we didn't. Am still awaiting a refund, 2 weeks later after continuous texts to three and emails to 57977, enough said

[ Edited ]
Navigator

I have contacted Three numerously, and emailed 57977 (still ongoing), blocked 57977 number and 57976 also, and texted stop to 57977 while watching youtube this morning, Mobi games pops up on my screen without warning with small print at bottom saying first 24hr free after that €20 fee, Three told me they blocked this number, they also told me I would no longer be charged for services I DID NOT subscribe to. What is happening here, if I wasnt on youtube they would of scammed me again unknowingly because after 24hrs they charge you, how can Three expect customers to put up with this, I now have to top up again before my top to send STOP again because they took all my credit last time, seriously help me here, this cant go on, btw I screenshot the ad the minute it came up I recognised the 57977 number again please sort this out for me ASAP

I have just received a message from this number on my mobile broadband SIM card.

Scout

This has also happened to me today got 7 texts from 57977 in the space of a minute, then a text from Three straight after saying I have less than 2.50 credit. I was driving at the time these were sent to me so there was no way I could have opted into anything. Can someone help me with this, I already tried blocking the number.      

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Hey @JohnK, if you scroll up to the start of this thread, @Mac_n_cheese has posted a link to direct you to blog we have here on the community with all the info you need about these premium services and this will help you 😊 If you send me a PM here with your number, name, address and date of birth, I can check the premium block on your account. Susan 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon