Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Scam Text From 57977

Scout

Hi,

I received some scam texts from 57977.

I have never signed up to anything, & I never enter competitions or anything.

Can I have Premium Services Block on my number?

Re: Scam Text From 57977

@KevinB1 

https://forum.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/Premium-Rate-Services-FAQs/ba-p/27507

Read that first.

Just FYI its not a scam they are legit service texts for premium service and to dispute you need to send them an email and all the contact details for that number are on comreg's website just make sure you email and don't ring due to the extra costs 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

I have the same problem. Got a text something about mobile apps - it looked like a scam so I even didn't open provided link. Just straight blocked those. Few hours later I got txt from Three saying that I have no more credit...
And this is legit you saying, right?

Cancel premium SMS texts

Navigator

I have 8 texts received on my phone on Sat 14th Sept @ 8.16am which have been billed for €16.26

I did not sign up for any subscription service. please block all potential premium SMS services from my phone

Re: Cancel premium SMS texts

3 Community Manager

@johnrlalor  and @eclipse05 Hi there, the 57977 is a premium rate number. Texts are charged at €2.50 (inc vat). I'm not able to see how this subscription happened, however I'm able to help you stop the service. You'll need to send a text with the word STOP to 57977. Did you know that Three can put a premium rate bar on your account? Have a look at our blog about these services 👉 Click here  

Highlighted

Scout

did they give you the full refund ? 

Scout
+1

Scout

This also happened to me today.. Out of the blue just got a few texts in a row and 20€ are now gone.

How can I block these numbers?

Lookout

Wasn't even on my phone or online today and my phone starts hopping. 8 text messages and credit gone. I have made a complaint to the merchant of 57977 (txtnation) and ComReg but when are mobile providers like Three going to stop burying their heads on this issue and realise this is blatant fraud? No one has any issues with paying for premium message texts/services like the Late late Show when the charges are transparent. However I, like others on this thread, have not solicited nor authorised any company to charge my phone today. that is the very definition of fraud. 

Anyone that has this issue ensure you are complaining to the merchant and also complaining to ComReg.ie otherwise everyone just keeps getting defrauded and Three and the Comreg will do nothing. 

Hiow hard would it be for Three to block a merchant making back to back messages to number with the blatant reason to maximise the charges by draining credit and racking up bills before the unsuspecting customer has time to get it blocked. 

I absolutely agree.

Hollow nonsense from Three.

These scam texts are from thieves  ,who are aided by Three , who happen to benefit from this theft.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>