Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scam Calls from 00247 (Ascension Island)

Anonymous
Receives several calls from a 00247 (Ascension Island) number. Vague automated message that your package is due for delivery and gives you a Pin Number. Requests a call back. this ios a total scam to encourage you to ring them. Avoid and block number

Re: Scam Calls from 00247 (Ascension Island)

3 Staff

Thanks for that Angus. I'll pass this info onto our security team too just they're aware.

Lookout
Another scam number that rings once: 00 252 7 261 7230
Posted From Huawei LYO-L01

3 Moderator

Hi Donalfm,

Thanks for sending this on. I'll pass this on to our security team. If you receive any other calls please let me know 👍

hello

im recently receiving a dozen calls a day for the last few day from ascension island, and i block them but within minutes they are calling me from new number.

here are the ones so far-

+247112143

+247112148

is their anyway to notify three, and is there any way they can be completely blocked as its getting alot now, i dont mind the odd call but over dozen calls is getting alot.

any info will be appreciated.

Legend
Probably better to install an app to block as they got your number somewhere

Posted From Sony G8441

Hello
Thanks for the advice, will definitely look into getting an app.

Much appreciated.

Lookout
Another one, this time from Morocco 00212662008262. Shouldn't international toll numbers be barred by default, activated by request?
Posted From Huawei LYO-L01

3 Moderator

Hi Donalfm 👋 Thanks for passing this on. I'll pass this on to our Security Team to block from the network. Unfortunately we have no way of blocking numbers from specific counties but we do block every number that is reported to us as a scam number. This ensures that our customers cannot call these numbers back. We recommend that you block any suspicious number as soon as it calls you so that it cannot call you back again. Aoife

Lookout
I received a missed call this morning from ‭00 247 985001‬ (Ascension Island). Don’t know anyone there. It only rang twice. Presume that’s a ploy to get you to call them and incur huge call charges rather than answer the call.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>