Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Roaming on three

Pathfinder

Thanks. Took a run through the checklist. APN Type was set but I have changed this to "not set". When I re-started my phone it told me the network was unavailable and put me to roaming again. I can also seen Meteor in my network list this morning.

Apart from that nothing else on the checklist throws up an issue. Have cleared all caches, manually selected a network etc... There was network upgrade work had a scheduled outage in my area yesterday only so it seems to be unrelated. 

[ Edited ]
Leader

@Elaine345 if you want to try your nano sim in another handset Dealz sell sim card adapters that should help with that Smiley Happy

Pathfinder

Thanks!

Highlighted

Pathfinder

There was upgrade work in my area yesterday so I had an outage for 3 hours or so in the afternoon. Since then my phone hasn't roamed once!!!! Something that was done yesterday whatever it was, recitified the issue Smiley Embarassed

Legend

Yeah I guess what happened is that the old O2 site was decommissioned and a new Three site was installed in its place, they may not the the same physical sites. so you wont see o2 anymore

3 Staff

@Elaine345 Sounds good now anyway! If you notice it roaming again, get back onto us here ☺️

Re: Roaming on thre

Pathfinder

Thanks to you all for the help so far but sorry to say I have a new issue since the work yesterday. Becasue I am on WiFi most of the time I had not noticed that I now have no Data Coverage at all! The phone now sees the first of the 3 networks in the list as home, so no roaming. However there is no data coverage on it. I can select either 3. or the second 3 and I get coverage but it's back as a roaming customer. 

I have checked all of the settings again to make sure they were right... server, mmsc etc all seem correct. 

Are there any data issues in west dublin?

Pathfinder

For anyone on Android... the settings I was directed to in an earlier post appear to be incorrect somehow. When I set the settings in the Access Point back to what they were when I got the SIM I got my data connectivity back. I still have the roaming problem but it has improved a little in some areas since the upgrade work yesterday up the road. Hopefully when its all complete the roaming feature might disappear?!

Settings that differed were -

Server - Not Set

MMSC - http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc

APN Type - default,supl,mms

Wizard

Thanks for that info @Elaine345. Can I ask what phone you're using? When you select the network manually are you then able to change that setting to automatic?

Legend

You need to have a server to be able to connect to data. it should be  3ireland.ie

see here 

http://ask3.three.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?Command=New,Kb=ROIWebportal,Ts=ROIWeb,T=CaseDoc,Ca...

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon