Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Roaming limited to 3G?

Scout

Hi all,

i have a weird problem, but it’s been going on ever since I can remember...

I am ex-O2 customer and while I have no problem with 4G in Ireland, for some reason while abroad I can never get anything better than 3G. Regardless of country or the network. 

I did phone restarts, network settings resets. I noticed that my APN is still set to the old O2 (APN: internet), so I tried to change it manually to the “official” Three’s one (3ireland.ie) but if I do that, phone can’t activate data connection at all. Yes, the 4G is enabled in my roaming settings.

i wonder if I’m the only one who’s not getting 4G abroad and if not, is there anything I can do?

i just want to point out as well that my Vodafone phone has no problem picking up 4G abroad, even when roaming with the same network as my Three phone.

Re: Roaming limited to 3G?

Legend

I dont think 4G is available to 3 when your roaming abroad

Highlighted

Re: Roaming limited to 3G?

3 Community Manager

Hi @Dannyboy86 you should be able to connect to 4G when abroad but sometimes the account settings need to be changed so I can do that for you if you PM me your number, address and date of birth. 

@billbond4 that used to be the case but services are available depending on the location and roaming partner. 

Thanks!

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>