Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Roaming in Canada

Lookout
Hi. My phone won't find a network now that I'm in Canada. I transited through Boston and everything worked fine there. When I try to manually select network I just get the hour glass forever without finding anything. I've restarted phone and flight mode etc to no avail. I can't send or receive texts or phone calls which is a big problem. All I have is WiFi. Has anyone any suggestions? Thanks

Chosen Solution

Re: Roaming in Canada

Legend

hmmm roaming is supported in Canada, so you should be able to connect.

What networks are visible when you do a manual search?

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend

hmmm roaming is supported in Canada, so you should be able to connect.

What networks are visible when you do a manual search?

Lookout
Hi thanks for the answer. It won't give any results for the manual search. It just thinks forever.

Legend

Hmm thats the problem, the phone isnt seen any networks in Canada so it cant register with any of them.

Have you set your preferred network type to LTE/WCDMA/GSM or something similar.

Lookout
Hi Bill bond. The options I have are 1) LTE/3G/2G auto connect (the setting is always been on), 2) 3g/2g auto connect, 3) 3g only, the 4) 2g only. So playing around with it, the 2 auto connect options don't work but if I select 3g only, I get a list and I've selected Bell, and its now working. Seems weird that auto has not worked but at least somethings working

Legend
Hmm probably something that its seen 4g networks but your not allowwd to connect to them. Glad your back working

Lookout
Thanks very much for the help

Legend
No problem, enjoy your trip

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon