Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reply to my email to text messages from 57976 - Gamersville

[ Edited ]
Lookout

Hi.

Please see below the email I sent (comreg in copy) and the reply I got back in relation to what I would still label a scam. I am not convinced with their explanation as to how I got subscribed, as I do not believe any correspondence was instigated by me.

What do you think. Should I just leave it now and give them my paypal details for the refund?

Thanks.

Denis

Dear Denis,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records against the mobile number below and we can see from our logs that there has been a genuine entry from the mobile phone, please see a brief explanation of how and when this entry occurred below.

• This number was entered into our online Games Portal on the 7thJuly 2019 at 19:28. This is a one off payment games service giving you 28 days access for 20 Euros and further details can be found athttp://portal.gamers-ville.com using the drop down country menu select Ireland.

• Whilst browsing the internet you will have seen a button that advised Join now to gain access to 100+ Games. This clearly stated directly below the submit button along with the charge for the service. Once clicked the page refreshed asking you to confirm your entry, again advising the charge. This then had a tick to confirm once this had been done, the page refreshed again asking you to continue to the Gamersville website to start playing 100 + games.

• Following the online entry, a text message was sent advising “FreeMsg: U have joined Gamersville.club for 28 days access for Euro 20 (8x Euro 2.50 msgs). Help? 0818400302 SP:http://portal.gamers-ville.com” We then sent another text immediately after reading Gamersville: You have 28 days access to over 100 great games. This also contained a link to go straight to the website to start your gaming adventure.

• I can confirm that the entry into this service has been cancelled and no further messages will be sent.

Following our assessment, taking all facts and comments into consideration, on this occasion we will refund €20.00  to you as a gesture of goodwill. 

In order for us to process your refund please can you provide a copy of your mobile phone bill to verify that you are the bill payer for the number in question. We do not require the whole bill, any page from the bill, or screenshot/image from your online account, which displays the name and number will suffice.                          

Could you please let us know which refund method you would prefer, PayPal or bank transfer?

If Paypal, we would require the following information:

• Paypal email address
  • Mobile number
  • Name

If bank transfer, then we would need:

• Sort code
  • Account number
  • Email address
  • Mob number
  • IBAN number and BIC number
  • Name

If you need anything further or would like to speak to our customer services team, please call 0818400302 (lines are open 9am – 5:30pm, Monday-Friday)

Kind regards,

Iwona

Customer Services

For and on behalf of SPTwo Ltd.

Helpline: 0818400302

WARNING This email and any attachments are confidential and may be the subject of legal privilege. Any use, copying or disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately on 0818400302 and delete this message and any copies from your computer network. SPtwo Ltd is liable neither for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.

Sent: 08 July 2019 19:19
To: help@sptwo.com
Cc: consumerline@comreg.ie
Subject: Text messages from 57976 - Gamersville

Hi,

I have been receiving text messages from your service (see attached images) to my number 086xxxxxxx. I did not sign up to or subscribe to any of your services. I have text STOP back to your number 57976, but I have not received confirmation that you are going to stop. Indeed as you can see from the attached images I continued to receive text messages from you immediately after I sent the STOP text to you. Please stop sending me texts and remove my number from your database and most importantly please refund me any charges you have already applied to me

Please confirm this to me on a return email. 

Please also reply with answers to the below questions so as I can understand how you came to add me to your service:

1 how did you obtain my number on to your service?

2 how were the payments authorised?

3 can I have proof of the authorisation?

4 can you locate any interaction or usage between this number and your service?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Denis

Re: Reply to my email to text messages from 57976 - Gamersvi

Legend

I would just take the money, a lot of those companies wouldnt give you anything back

Lookout

Thanks. I'd imagine it's safe to give them the details they are after for Paypal. I'd imagine they can only put money in, not take it out.

@gooner99 Yeah Paypal will be fine!

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Scout
I just received the same scam message! Could you check my account for that scam?

[ Edited ]

@aneczqaa0 If you got the message then you've been charged. THree_Rachel has already given instructions on how to dispute it and to pm to get it blocked. Three cannot  dispute for you because it's not their charge its to the company. You can see what Three_Rachel has said by reading it on this thread: https://forum.three.ie/t5/Prepay/Premium-SMS-charge/m-p/36170#M11388

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>