Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Replacement SIM Activation Hell

Scout

Hello,

I bought a new phone and moved to a 3 Government contract on Monday 15. The phone arrived on Wednesday. To date, the replacement SIM that came with the phone has not been activated. I rang customer support about 4 times on Thursday and was reassured that it would be activated by Friday. This never happened. I have now not had any phone service for the last week. The only telephone I have access to is in work, which is closed until Tuesday. 

I went into a Three shop today in desperation to try and get another SIM and was told because I was a business customer now they couldn't activate the SIM in the shop but that I could do it online. When I got home and tried to activate it online, I was told that the website did not recognise my number. 

My mother tried ringing customer service on my behalf and they would not talk to her because of Data Protection.

Could someone please just help me? My mother is travelling abroad tomorrow and she needs to be able to ring me. 

I will provide whatever details are needed just to sort out this mess via e-mail which is the only form of communication I currently have.

So far, my experience has been pretty appalling so I'm not holding out much hope but this is pretty much last resort until I get access to work phone on Tuesday.

Chosen Solution

Re: Replacement SIM Activation Hell

3 Moderator

Hi @sjoh 👋 I'll certainly do my very best to get this sorted for you. Can you PM me your number, full name, address, and date of birth? Can you also give me the serial number on the SIM card (starts with 89353)? Susan 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

3 Moderator

Hi @sjoh 👋 I'll certainly do my very best to get this sorted for you. Can you PM me your number, full name, address, and date of birth? Can you also give me the serial number on the SIM card (starts with 89353)? Susan 

Legend
Your should be dealing with your accounts manager for all your sim issues.
If your really stuck you could get a prepay sim and top it up so you can be contacted

Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted

Scout

Just wanted to say thank you very much for all of your help over the last few days. Finally have service again. Really appreciate you responding to the messages so quickly and sorting everything. 

3 Moderator

You're very welcome @sjoh! Glad we were able to get you sorted here 😊 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>