Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Poor service wanted to cancel

Anonymous

Disgraceful-ABSOLUTELY AVOID 

Took 3 4G Broadband Contract in store was told there was 4G in my area in Kildare.

Got home and realised that it was less than satisfactory.

1.2-4.5mb at best and varies and drops all the time.

Called tech support and usual settings change and told works on mast in area and to wait for few days. Took his word and thought it may improve.

I soon realised speeds were worse and decided to return to store.

I soon realised i had no 14 day cooling off period as informed straight away on the phone to customer support. But was told in store i had 14 days!

I was told i couldn't return the device and to wait and they would open a case and check speeds and such. I did this went home called tech support and still same and speeds of 2-4 mbps,he said they considered it acceptable even if it was 0.4mbps, i informed him it was not acceptable to me! He said he could do nothing more.

I knew where this was all leading and saw the time that would be wasted and hassle that would ensue.

I called the next day and eventually was told they would not cancel the contract (only 7 days in now), so i said that this was a formal complaint and asked them the resolution they had ,they said they could do no more.

I said i wanted to cancel and was cancelling DD and was contesting any penalty fees. They said they were putting me on to cancellations and that a fee of over €700 would result in my cancellation.

I said to cancel as keeping the product was me accepting the poor service and i considered the product misleading and not fit for purpose.

I had to live chat to support to get an email address for complaints which didnt work and i got a postal address. I registered posted the device and my letter of complaint to head office.

And here i am now, i will go to the small claims court and contest any charges.

Treated badly nobody wants to listen to my complaints with bad signal service. Under no question would my contract be cancelled and i know i would have been strung along with poor or no broadband.

Very annoyed

"Three is the devil of the broadband world"

Highlighted

Re: Poor service wanted to cancel

Maestro

Hi there, I'd certainly like to help here. Could you PM me your account details and I can follow this up for you. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

John Dempsey

Highlighted

Hi John, you've posted your number publicly. Can you delete this and send it to me in a private message? 

Highlighted

Anonymous
I'm sure he does not mind that the number has been posted publicly as he said he registered post it back to company, that is the least of his worries,surely if the product received was not fit for purpose and speeds are so slow that the corporation three.ie would not wish for a customer to complain for 12 or 18 months of his contract to everyone he knows how bad the Internet is as he would turn all other potential customers off going for ur services, also I was also informed at time of purchase that there was a 14 day cancellation period, so as to test the signal received, let this man cancel if he was informed orally by a sales rep he had 14 days to cancel.
Highlighted

Hi rustyscrew, once I receive a PM from JD1 I will look into this for him. 

Highlighted

Anonymous
Thanks Rusty that's for sure it doesn't matter it's gone to head office, being messed around plenty here.
I won't be recommending 3 to anyone
alright , no common sense just out for money. I'll fight it to the last, don't care about the cost now it's the principal
Highlighted

Thanks for that, I can see that there is marginal or no 4G coverage in some areas there. You should have full 3G coverage here. Do you find the speeds any better on 3G?

Highlighted

Anonymous

There is 3G speeds of 1.2-2.6mb in the area but i signed up for 4G 

'According to the ITU, a 4G network requires a mobile device to be able to exchange data at 100 Mbit/sec. A 3G network, on the other hand, can offer data speeds as slow as 3.84 Mbit/sec.

From the consumer's point of view, 4G is more a marketing term than a technical specification, but carriers feel justified in using the 4G label because it lets the consumer know that he can expect significantly faster data speeds.'

I have been through all this with tech support

Highlighted

Pathfinder

Similar issue here: swapped from O2 SIM (effectively 3 for a good while) to a 3 SIM, as only way to get bigger 60GB allowance. Was told in store that I can cancel within 14 days should I get no service.

Issue is that I get good speeds when connected and have good coverage, but the modem drops the connection often every 20 minutes = can't use Skype calls for work etc.  Flagged this up immediately, sent modem for repair, several calls with 1913. Still not resolved. Apparently when 1913 forward the case to the Tech Team they close it because they see I can use data, likewise they seem to regard the service as sufficient, so I can't cancel (I'd prefer if they fixed it, though).

However, the issue remains they do feel mislead by the assurance given when buying the new  SIM and modem in the shop. I explicitly asked about cancellation and was told it was possible...

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.