Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Outside Data Allowance

Lookout
I'm bill pay, paying €29.99 for 750gb p/m which was the most Three were offering when I signed up - incidentally marketed as unlimited. I've just hit the outside allowance limit and am stuck with a bill for an additional €35. I cannot conceive how I can have exceeded the 750gb! My3 app doesn't show my usage and I got no notifications that I was nearing, had met or was exceeding my allowance.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Chosen Solution

Re: Outside Data Allowance

Maestro

It is hard to reach 750Gb but not impossible especially if there are a few devices connecting doing their own thing downloading, streaming, gaming. Yeah the unlimited thing is annoying but I looked into it before and it can be marketed that way its how companies differentiate between unlimited and all you can eat. Very technical and all that sort of stuff! You do get a notification though and it goes to the sim using the service in your modem. If you go to your inbox on 192.168.8.1 you'll see it there. I have 7 devices of my own connected at all times between my Alexa,  phone, smart tv, laptop, tablet, Xbox and my chromecast upstairs. I use fixed line which is actually without limits (I'm sure it is or I would know by now!) 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

It is hard to reach 750Gb but not impossible especially if there are a few devices connecting doing their own thing downloading, streaming, gaming. Yeah the unlimited thing is annoying but I looked into it before and it can be marketed that way its how companies differentiate between unlimited and all you can eat. Very technical and all that sort of stuff! You do get a notification though and it goes to the sim using the service in your modem. If you go to your inbox on 192.168.8.1 you'll see it there. I have 7 devices of my own connected at all times between my Alexa,  phone, smart tv, laptop, tablet, Xbox and my chromecast upstairs. I use fixed line which is actually without limits (I'm sure it is or I would know by now!) 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
We've been on this plan for almost a year and not come close to the 750 as far as I know which is why this was such a shock.
I've just got in contact with three on messenger and they told me the same about the messages problem is they are sent to the sim which is in the modem so its not like when we had the dongle and you were forced to go into the settings page where you'd see the message.
I'm going to have to find a way to bookmark the link on my phone to keep an eye out for the messages.
Have to wait for the bill till I figure out how it happened.
Posted From Huawei LLD-L31
Highlighted

Lookout
Just found and installed the Huawei Hilink app so much easier to see usage and messages etc. Wish I knew about it earlier
Posted From Huawei LLD-L31

Legend
If you have a pc, make sure the WiFi is configured as a metered one.

Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>