Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

No unlock prompt Moto e 2nd generation

Scout
Hi,
I recently received an unlock code from three to unlock my phone as I am traveling to America next week and need to use an American sim card over there. I entered a non-3 sim card into the phone as instructed but no unlock prompt came up- it just says 'sim locked- emergency calls only'. I have tried multiple active sim cards from different networks to no avail. I have also tried forcing the unlock prompt using *#32# and #073887* but it didn't work. I went into the three store in Cork and they said to try a factory reset which I have done and that hasn't worked either. I really need my phone unlocked before next week. I think the reason this is happening might have something to do with my phone maintenance last summer. My original Moto e stopped working out of nowhere last summer so I brought it into the three store as it was still within warranty. They replaced the phone with a new one at the time, but the new phone they gave me was locked to another network(not three) so I had to bring it back into the shop. They people in the shop didn't know themselves what network it was locked to ( they seemed to think that the people in the repair place had picked up a different random network phone by accident) but they sent the new phone away to be 'unlocked' so that I could use my three sim card in it. I don't know what they actually did because it is unlocked for a three sim card now but for any other network it just says 'sim locked-emergency calls only' but it isn't prompting for an unlock code either. Can you guys help?
Thanks,
Niamh.
Posted From Motorola XT1505

Re: No unlock prompt Moto e 2nd generation

3 Moderator

Hey @niamhoc 👋 Can you send a private message with your full name, address, date of birth? Can you also include the IMEI and I'll certainly look into this for you? Mairéad

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>