Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

No service after travel abroad

Hi,

I just got back from my holidays in Spain, as soon I landed in Dublin my phone is getting any service or 4G network connection. I have tried my Sim card in another phone and works perfectly. I tried another sim card in my phone same issue. I noticed that the phone is not getting 4G only WCDMA but still nothing. I have tried the basic solutions such as go to networks > select network operator> it shows 3 (4G) and an error pops up: your sim card does not allow that network connection.

While I was in Spain, my phone was on and off in about network operator sometimes will be fine or sometimes it would say "NO SERVICE" like now but after it would connect to any network in Spain.

I was wondering if Three would lock the phone or something like it.

Re: No service after travel abroad

3 Moderator

Hi Nelamaria19 and welcome to 3Community! Three certainly wouldn't lock your phone. Can you go to the settings on your phone and check that you have LTE activated?

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes I have that activated. What else could be?
Posted From HTC Desire 825

3 Moderator

We might need you to check your APN settings to make sure that they have reverted back to the usual settings since returning home. 

Can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and DOB?

Guys I'm in Costa Rica and I can't call or text and neither can my fianceé. We try to call, even 1913, and it says something like our account is suspended in Spanish. We need to be able to text as we have had to alter travel plans and if our bank stops our cards and we can't call them we are screwed.
Posted From Samsung SM-J510FN

3 Community Manager
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>