Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No 4G roaming in UK for billpay?

I'm a 3 Ireland billpay customer, and I spend several months in the UK each year for work, but whilst in the UK I can never connect to 3UK's 4G? I'm in an area that has exceptionally strong 4G coverage, and yet I can only get a 3G connection, and not a very good one at that. As soon as I get back to Ireland, my iPhone 5S immediately picks up 4G again. Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

Re: No 4G roaming in UK for billpay?

Hi edula, when roaming in the UK, do you have EU data roaming and your mobile data switched on? 

Re: No 4G roaming in UK for billpay

Yes to both. As mentioned - I get roaming with 3G fine, but no 4G wherever
I go.
--

twitter.com/edula

Maestro

Have you tried connecting to different networks while over there to see can you pick up 4G?

Explorer

I had the same issue in Belfast last year. All 4G networks visible, 3's and those of other providers, but could kd not connect to any of them. Tried multiple times to connect automatically and manually, but no joy. 

Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have a...

Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have are 3G only. So you will not be able to pick up 4G or 2G while abroad, only 3G services will be available.

Re: Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have

Thanks, that explains everything, although admittedly that's rather poor.

Re: Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have

Thanks, that explains everything, although admittedly that's rather poor.

Re: No 4G roaming in UK for billpay?

Explorer
Thanks for the explanation @Three_Sheena. Surprising that we can't roam on the 4G network of the sister company in the UK though.

This is the agreement that we have in place with our roaming partners. 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon