Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

No 4G roaming in UK for billpay?

I'm a 3 Ireland billpay customer, and I spend several months in the UK each year for work, but whilst in the UK I can never connect to 3UK's 4G? I'm in an area that has exceptionally strong 4G coverage, and yet I can only get a 3G connection, and not a very good one at that. As soon as I get back to Ireland, my iPhone 5S immediately picks up 4G again. Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Re: No 4G roaming in UK for billpay?

Hi edula, when roaming in the UK, do you have EU data roaming and your mobile data switched on? 

Highlighted

Re: No 4G roaming in UK for billpay

Yes to both. As mentioned - I get roaming with 3G fine, but no 4G wherever
I go.
--

twitter.com/edula
Highlighted

Maestro

Have you tried connecting to different networks while over there to see can you pick up 4G?

Highlighted

Explorer

I had the same issue in Belfast last year. All 4G networks visible, 3's and those of other providers, but could kd not connect to any of them. Tried multiple times to connect automatically and manually, but no joy. 

Highlighted

Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have a...

Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have are 3G only. So you will not be able to pick up 4G or 2G while abroad, only 3G services will be available.

Highlighted

Re: Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have

Thanks, that explains everything, although admittedly that's rather poor.

Highlighted

Re: Just to clarify on this, any roaming agreements we have

Thanks, that explains everything, although admittedly that's rather poor.

Highlighted

Re: No 4G roaming in UK for billpay?

Explorer
Thanks for the explanation @Three_Sheena. Surprising that we can't roam on the 4G network of the sister company in the UK though.
Highlighted

This is the agreement that we have in place with our roaming partners. 

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.