Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

New Roaming Data EU Allowence

Pathfinder

KCan anyone please explain the following press release in last weekenda press re Data Roaming the EU is all you can eat available now in the EU as well as home subjest to Fair Usage Policy ???????

Three Ireland has abandoned controversial plans to offer tiny amounts of free data abroad after an EU-wide roaming law comes into place next month.
Having faced criticism from the European Commission, the reversal means most of its Irish pre-pay customers will now get more than twice the amount of roaming data in the EU than the operator had originally planned.
From June 15, roaming charges for mobile calls and texts across the EU will be abolished. However, data roaming charges will remain under a compromise deal reached between the EU and mobile operators.
'Unlimited' or 'all you can eat' data allowances can be restricted to as little as 3GB per month under the EU rules. After the new monthly restrictions are exceeded, penalty charges of €9 per gigabyte apply, leading to a new round of 'bill shocks' for thousands of Irish travellers who think that all roaming charges are to be abolished.

Three Ireland is also abandoning plans to get around EU roaming rules by attempting to separate domestic and non-domestic data usage. Under that scheme, the operator wanted to attribute its 60GB of domestic data as a "serviice benefit" rather than a "core" contract. In this way, it had hoped that EU rules obligating it to give customers data when roaming would not have the same legal effect.
"Three will be applying the EU roaming regulation fair-use policy to 'all you can eat data' for customers when roaming in the EU," said a spokeswoman for the

Chosen Solution

Re: New Roaming Data EU Allowence

@JohnDough You're right, you can use your Flexi Units while roaming in the EU and our plans would have an allocation of data to use too, our Unlimited Flex Max plan has 7GB as you've mentioned. You can see what's included with all the plans at this link 👉 http://bit.ly/2h3cvLI

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Explorer
As I understand it your max data on billpay while roaming in the EU plus a few other countries will be limited to 7gb per monthly cycle plus your normal monthly allowance of texts and minutes on you plan.Could Three advisor confirm this please.

@JohnDough You're right, you can use your Flexi Units while roaming in the EU and our plans would have an allocation of data to use too, our Unlimited Flex Max plan has 7GB as you've mentioned. You can see what's included with all the plans at this link 👉 http://bit.ly/2h3cvLI

Explorer
Cheers

Hello,

Currently on the 60 euro pm bill pay plan. I am traveling to the UK , do I have roaming included in my plan?

3 Community Manager

Good morning Megan 😊 and welcome to the Community! Yes, you'd have an allowance of EU roaming built into your plan. You can check your allowance via My3. You can use this link to download the app  👉http://www.three.ie/My3-App/  Have a lovely time in the UK 👍 Deb

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>