Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

N26 Bank account for Irish direct debit

Lookout

I am looking to switch the account I use for the Three direct debit to N26. I have rang customer care twice but they were unable to help me. 

I have found that other people were successful in getting their direct debits moved to N26 (with a bit of a battle) There was also a confirmation from a member of Three staff that they do accept European bank accounts in accordance with European law. 

Could someone look into this for me? 

Thanks,

Ken

Chosen Solution

Re: N26 Bank account for Irish direct debit

Lookout

That's it done. My account was moved to N26. 

Process:

• Contact 3Community to start the process (Danni was brilliant!). Three members of customer support on 1913 told me that it is impossible to use a non-Irish bank account.
  • They create a new account for you and you have to pay a euro for a new SIM card pack (Three do not accept non-Irish bank cards)
  • Customer protection will contact you looking for bank statements and your passport
  • Wait for SIM card pack to be posted to you. 
  • Provide Three with the number on the SIM card.
  • Three will then port your number to the new SIM card. 
  • Three then have to do stuff in the background regarding your plan.
  • That's it done. 

Thanks to everyone that helped in the process! 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Legend
I don't think it work, it should be an Irish based bank.
But send a mod a pm with your details and see if they can look more into it

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Leader

Under the EU SEPA directive it is a requirement that non-irish bank accounts be accepted as a method of payment via direct debit.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/eu_payments/financial_transacti...

Legend
If its a once transaction it would be OK, but as your setting up a contract I'd say three don't want to deal with none irish bank based transfered as if someone doesnt pay they can be out of pocket and I'd guess its harder to get money from someone who has left the Irish jurisdiction.

Leader

Three can't pick & choose which parts of the EU SEPA directive they use.  They can be compelled to follow the directive by the Central Bank.  It may be that a hard copy (paper) Direct Debit Mandate will have to be submitted but I think you will find that they a obliged to comply with the directive.

Highlighted

3 Community Manager

@kenon Thanks for reaching out on our community, send me a PM with your number, name, address, and date of birth. @cwn and @billbond4  Thanks for guiding! 

Legend
Post back here with how you get on, as with more people doing online banking like n26 or revolut more people will have the same question as you

Lookout

I will indeed. It's still a work in progress. Three can absolutely accept N26 and Revolut but unfortunately they seem to have to set up a whole new account for you instead of swapping IBANs like all the other companies I have switched. I also had to provide a scan of my passport and provide bank statements to the customer protection department.  I am currently waiting on a new SIM card to be delivered to me which will have to be ported back from Three to Three to keep my current number.  

In fairness, Danni from Three has been really, really helpful and there's nothing she can really do about the process. 

In comparison with my employer, VHI, eFlow, Paypal and Leap to name but a few, it took 2 minutes to switch the IBAN to N26. 

Lookout

That's it done. My account was moved to N26. 

Process:

• Contact 3Community to start the process (Danni was brilliant!). Three members of customer support on 1913 told me that it is impossible to use a non-Irish bank account.
  • They create a new account for you and you have to pay a euro for a new SIM card pack (Three do not accept non-Irish bank cards)
  • Customer protection will contact you looking for bank statements and your passport
  • Wait for SIM card pack to be posted to you. 
  • Provide Three with the number on the SIM card.
  • Three will then port your number to the new SIM card. 
  • Three then have to do stuff in the background regarding your plan.
  • That's it done. 

Thanks to everyone that helped in the process! 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>